• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So DOW dropping is latest cause for crypto drops across the board, over 25% in many cases in last 24 hours.

Buy on the way down, sell on the way up. No need to time the market and no need for reading books on trading, keep it simple if you only understand it in simple terms.

About time I diversified into more alts.

Is there a direct route to purchasing alts from FIAT on the same exchange or do the alts only get listed where they're only willing to receive cryptos to trade with (.e.g. Binance)?

Could do with a shorter route to entry than the current faff.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Defo buy in on the way down. Crypto will become a trillion dollar market place soon enough. Yes it is crazy volatile, it's happened before. Just hold and buy more if you can afford to.

Try and take some profits before July as they come.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

ha ha, if that happens I'll have enough to buy Wales.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XV...RITHMIC-SCALE/
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Debit card purchase rejected by bank.

Been working last few days as I drip FIAT into crypto. Can't do bank transfer as names don't match.

Looks like I'm snookered.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

banks really clamping down on folks using their own bank cards -

the war has begun

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Debit card purchase rejected by bank.

Been working last few days as I drip FIAT into crypto. Can't do bank transfer as names don't match.

Looks like I'm snookered.
              Best method I've found so far is using uphold via revolut. UK bank transfer to revolut > sepa transfer to uphold

Both transfers are free. It's quite quick to set up both accounts and I think you can do a reasonable amount without full verification. You can also do card payments to either. I doubt they are on your banks crypto blacklist as thats just one part of their service.

Comment

Bagged 2.36 ETH for £1k

Might go down more but I'm happy with that.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  Best method I've found so far is using uphold via revolut. UK bank transfer to revolut > sepa transfer to uphold

Both transfers are free. It's quite quick to set up both accounts and I think you can do a reasonable amount without full verification. You can also do card payments to either. I doubt they are on your banks crypto blacklist as thats just one part of their service.
                  I did a SEPA to Uphold from Halifax which cleared this morning - did it on Friday with no problems
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
                    Why read something which will attempt to get into your mind that you cannot do something, i.e. I suspect the author was attempting to state something like; "The data I have shows stock price are random, blah blah blah, here's the 'data' I crunched..."
                    No. It's better written than that. It has a few good points. Most of these type of books have one or two good points, that even if you don't agree with them will make you stop and think.

So the author would no doubt not believe that a retail trader (that's me btw), could out perform the FTSE and the FTSE All share quite considerably over the last five plus years.
                    My portfolio has "outperformed" the FTSE 8 years out of the last 12. Outperforming the FTSE does not make you an investment guru. It certainly doesn't mean you understand what's going on.

If you hang your hat on said book, may I respectfully suggest two things; Firstly the author probably hasn't attempted to try and learn how to trade and if he did, didn't stick at it very long (as most don't), and secondly if you buy into his thought as I outline further up then you are a acting like a sheep.
                    I don't hang my hat on any book. I just said it was a good read. What is CUk if not a book-club? You are reading far too much into my post.

So the only question left is do you have the hairy spheres to LEARN to trade and invest?
                    I have been investing since 1998 and have a fairly significant ( to me ) investment portfolio as part of an overall portfolio and strategy.

I never stop learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      So DOW dropping is latest cause for crypto drops across the board, over 25% in many cases in last 24 hours.

Buy on the way down, sell on the way up. No need to time the market and no need for reading books on trading, keep it simple if you only understand it in simple terms.

About time I diversified into more alts.

Is there a direct route to purchasing alts from FIAT on the same exchange or do the alts only get listed where they're only willing to receive cryptos to trade with (.e.g. Binance)?

Could do with a shorter route to entry than the current faff.
                      I've typically used cryptomate to buy my coins/alts. There's a limited choice but it's always been a simple thing to do. Jyst quite a low allowed amount. Last time i bought ripple i did 3 consecutive transactions...all were picked up by the same vendor so it made things easier
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X