• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Must get in' emails being sent by CEOs ...

"Nasdaq and Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. will list bitcoin futures within the first half of 2018. The two financial institutions are “rushing” the integration of bitcoin given the cryptocurrency’s recent surge in price, to $11,441."

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      Looks like a very short lived pump. I'll be hodling a while longer, what i have is only worth about £50 though
      It's a good sign of a trend reversal. Waiting for a moment...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Dear lord how many times do I have to say it: bitstamp!!!!

You can convert you gains to fiat in seconds and you don't have to transfer it anywhere.
        That's no better than coinbase. Sure you can convert your coins to fiat currency, no probs. The issue is when you actually want to spend that fiat, you need to move it to a UK bank, and no one that deals with crypto wants to deal with a UK bank.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          That's no better than coinbase. Sure you can convert your coins to fiat currency, no probs. The issue is when you actually want to spend that fiat, you need to move it to a UK bank, and no one that deals with crypto wants to deal with a UK bank.
          No you don't!

go to the bitstamp website: Bitstamp debit card

It works just fine for buying a loaf of bread. Something that caused a lot of concern.

Everyday purchases from a TV to whatever, no problems. There are fees, but not worse off than a fee paying account. If you're buying a house, move the cash the old fashion way.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 29 November 2017, 18:48.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Where are all the naysayers? This is your moment!
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Where are all the naysayers? This is your moment!
              they're off trying to secretly load up on stellar and zencash
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Coinbase is down...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Feeling pretty smug about unloading 2/3's of me portfolio in dollars. Very smug. Let the coin accumulation games begin.

For those of you that did not get out, don't panic. Just ignore the dollar value. It'll recover in a week or two if not days.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Feeling pretty smug about unloading 2/3's of me portfolio in dollars. Very smug. Let the coin accumulation games begin.

For those of you that did not get out, don't panic. Just ignore the dollar value. It'll recover in a week or two if not days.
                    Seriously, and I mean this with massive respect, you f*&%king genius you!

As a naysayer, even then I could not have thought about the big retrace tonight, not one in such a large amount anyway. Like XLM, off 50% from it's high.

Well done Scotty!

Comment

The trick now is knowing when to jump back in. Will give it until the morning. The direction will be quite telling once the Asian markets wake up.

Comment

Working...
                      X