• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a day! everything's down, stellar back down to 0.04 again. i didn't sell, just holding tight for now!

Comment

Yes, hold the Stellar. And really just ignore the dollar value. It is meaningless until the day you cash you out. I'll scream from the roof tops when that is. Not before the end of 2019.

The VISA / Stellar rumours are not going away.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 29 November 2017, 20:23.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Panic has started

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/bitc...e-trading.html

Comment

I love all this extra media attention.

Bank deputy warns of Bitcoin bubble risks - cause he din't get in early enough...

Investors should be aware of the risks from the rapid rise in the price of digital currency Bitcoin, a Bank of England deputy governor has warned.
          Bitcoin's value passed a record $11,000 (£8,200) on Wednesday after a sharp but often volatile rise this year.
          Sir Jon Cunliffe, the Bank's deputy for financial stability, said that when prices grow so fast, "investors should do their homework and think carefully".
          But he added that Bitcoin's rise was not big enough to unsettle the economy.
          Unlike traditional currencies, Bitcoin is not issued by a central bank or government.
          source: Bank deputy warns of Bitcoin bubble risks - BBC News
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Back over $10k - buy back in or no - feck feck feck....

it's a mini bull run Scooter, ignore.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                So you've got money in Coinbase and you want to withdraw the millions you've made over the last few seconds.

However, it appears you can only withdraw to a SEPA capable UK bank account in Euros, after first having verified the account via SEPA by sending some money to Coinbase (who appear to be using an Estonian bank account ) with a special transaction code.

Seems to me a money in, no money out pyramid scheme.

Anyone actually converted back to FIAT and got the money in the UK? If so, how?
                A friend transferred BTC from Coinbase (after struggling) to a trading site LocalBitcoins.com where they were sold quite easily to another trader who did a bank transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  That's no better than coinbase. Sure you can convert your coins to fiat currency, no probs. The issue is when you actually want to spend that fiat, you need to move it to a UK bank, and no one that deals with crypto wants to deal with a UK bank.

That's cuz inherently it's tulip - too risky insofar as money laundering laws are concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                    what a day! everything's down, stellar back down to 0.04 again. i didn't sell, just holding tight for now!
                    keep holding untill it hits exaclt zero - then sell...

Comment

Morning Hodlers (and naysayers) - anyone managed to BTFD? I'm going to have a go now.

*Edit* - no, coinbase up but doing maintenance. Don't have all my ID etc at clientco to set up an account elsewhere.

I've been reading about some of the alts, their whitepapers etc. Ripple & Stellar seem to have the same mission and are directly competing with each other, Zencash looks like an anti-snoopers charter kind of thing that the likes of Theresa May would try to get shut down if it took off.

Anyone got any good medium/long term outlooks on the major alts, what sets them apart and the underlying fundamentals/business models? Every white paper I read says the same thing about 'disrupting the finance industry' and providing low cost/fast/anonymous/decentralized transactions.
                      Last edited by Jog On; 30 November 2017, 08:46.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X