• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Yes. I used Bittylicious.
    You will always need to verify accounts as the organisations that do the cash side have various regulations to follow. The same as any financial institution.

If you find one that doesn't need those checks and you put your coins there then you need your head examined.
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com

Guess I need to rethink my crypto approach if based in the UK. I blame b r e x i t.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I have through Uphold
      Don't they have the same Euro based SEPA withdrawal as coinbase?

Reviews on Uphold are nearly as bad as Coinbase...

Comment

For the average lay punter (Me) who doesn't want to go through the hassle and fees of whatever the hell SEPA is, converting from EUR->USD->BTC and back again (or whatever), what are the options for buying BTC direct with GBP?

The would seem to be Bittylicious, localbitcoins (paranoia-inducing) and BISQ (GBP offers something of a rarity).

I've used (and like) Bittylicious. Yes, you pay a premium but you swerve the aforementioned hassle and currency (hah) risk. Coins literally arrive in minutes if you use Faster Payments.

Any others?

Secondary: rumours abound of people having UK bank or credit card accounts frozen after depositing money into a crypto exchange. Anyone had first or secondhand experience of this?

Ta.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Don't they have the same Euro based SEPA withdrawal as coinbase?

Reviews on Uphold are nearly as bad as Coinbase...
          Both work fine for me
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I just use coinbase and pay using a credit card. Up to £500 daily limit when verified. You won't get as much bitcoin this method, but it's fast. Credits your account instantly and then you can transfer to your own wallet or exchange straight away.

You can buy ETH and LTC directly too.

Comment

Stella has bounced off 1000 resistance level. I'm hodling it
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Stella has bounced off 1000 resistance level. I'm hodling it
                Must admit I dont get the hodl thing? Or am I stupid?
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  I just use coinbase and pay using a credit card. Up to £500 daily limit when verified. You won't get as much bitcoin this method, but it's fast. Credits your account instantly and then you can transfer to your own wallet or exchange straight away.

You can buy ETH and LTC directly too.
                  Putting money into Coinbase is easy peasy. Getting money out of Coinbase not so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Must admit I dont get the hodl thing? Or am I stupid?
                    You'll see it on the bitcoin subreddit every time BTC corrects - loads of memes saying 'Just HODL it!' and referring to people who resist the urge to sell as 'hodlers':

An enthusiastic misspelling of Hold

Stellar news is out tomorrow so this isn't a news driven move, just a technical bounce off previous resistance, the bullish pattern hasn't been invalidated.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      How are you shorting crypto, especially alt coins?
                      You need a pair of these:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X