• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allah Square

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the Crusades are a good example: murdering faithful acting under the aegis of the church
    Why do people trot out this stuff? Most of us do not have time machines and it is the present and the future that matter, not the distant past.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Personally I think they should write a new soap based on Bradford, where putting up another Mosque would not be seen as a shocker but actually positively encouraged as it help 'minorities' integrate.

It's grim oop north

For comparison:
      Culturally diverse London
      There are loads of mosques in London.

However as London is bigger than Bradford until you zoom in on London you won't see them on maps. It's the same with churches, synagogues, temples, etc.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        Ah, but the Crusades pre-date the Reformation, yes? And yeah the Queen is the head, but the Archbishop of Canterbury does all the heavy-lifting, right?

I'm frankly amazed the head of state is also head of the state religion still. You'd have thought that would cause a problem somewhere along the way.
        The Queen isn't head of the other Anglican churches in the British Isles.

You could go on about the fact until recently the wrong type of Christian wasn't allowed on the the throne, sectarian violence in NI and Scotland. Oh and I forgot about the paedophilia in lots of churches. Christians are a peaceful lot...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Why do people trot out this stuff? Most of us do not have time machines and it is the present and the future that matter, not the distant past.
          Because Islamophobes like to broad brush things as if Islam was the worst religion on earth.

And like SueEllen says if you like we can paint all Christians as paedophiles instead?

Comment

Makes a nice backdrop to the scene.

Will there be protests outside the Queen Vic and the lap dancing club next door?

Really looking forward to some BBC reality for a change....

Comment

Because Islamophobes like to broad brush things as if Islam was the worst religion on earth.

And like SueEllen says if you like we can paint all Christians as paedophiles instead?
              Talk me through this one:
              The Christians held in Thailand after fleeing Pakistan - BBC News

Religion of peace don't ya know.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

I assume the only acceptable response is "all Muslims are evil" - will that work for you?

Comment

I assume the only acceptable response is "all Muslims are evil" - will that work for you?
                  Not at all. I know a lot of nice Muslims. You're doing it again, blaming the players instead of the game.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Those mean Buddhists refusing to give fleeing Christians asylum from those evil Muslims

Is that better?

Comment

Not at all. I know a lot of nice Muslims. You're doing it again, blaming the players instead of the game.
                      Some of my best friends are English too.

Comment

Working...
                      X