• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allah Square

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    What, Jesus only started talking about that recently or are you saying Christianity is a young religion and none the adherents were real Christian until modern times?

Most people claiming to be Christian do not adhere to the values the faith purports to have - shocking, I know. Perhaps if they reflected more normal human sentiments they'd have a chance of being adhered to by more than a minority.
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY

BBC - KS3 Bitesize History - The Crusades : Revision, Page 2

The Christians were bloodthirsty & uncontrolled 1000 years ago, they have got better - mostly
    Depends on what part of the world you're in. I certainly wouldn't want them passing laws in keeping with the tenents of the faith. It's bad enough they have prayer in schools in this country already...

And maybe technically not ordered, but there was certainly an incentive provided by the Pope, without which they may not have happened at all.

Comment

And maybe technically not ordered, but there was certainly an incentive provided by the Pope, without which they may not have happened at all.
      sort of like the UK declaring war on Germany after Hitler invaded Poland.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Well thank feck we don't have to sing the national anthem or salute the flag every morning.
        True, but that should be going out the window sooner rather than later and only applies to primary school.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Well thank feck we don't have to sing the national anthem or salute the flag every morning.
          The National Anthem is still played by Radio 4 when it shuts down at 1am. Cheers me up every time I hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            mainly because if you renounced God (be he Jehovah or Allah) then 'true believers' tended to kill you.
            What, 100 years ago? Because that's how recently belief in God was the norm (even now it's probably the norm, just) in the Western world.

What, Jesus only started talking about that recently or are you saying Christianity is a young religion and none the adherents were real Christian until modern times?
            I'm saying you have a flawed, blonde-haired-limp-wristed-Jesus view of Christianity.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              Any one found any links concerning wars caused by Atheists?
              Here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                What, 100 years ago? Because that's how recently belief in God was the norm (even now it's probably the norm, just) in the Western world.

I'm saying you have a flawed, blonde-haired-limp-wristed-Jesus view of Christianity.
                So you're not supposed to "turn the other cheek?" The meek won't inherit the earth? What, pray tell, is the real Christianity then? Warriors spreading the gospel? I thought that was Islam...

In reality Jesus is a false messiah no one in his right mind would have followed. Bar Kochbah led a rebellion against Rome; Jesus didn't do enough to warrant a 2nd page newspaper side piece (probably didn't even exist). You sure as hell weren't going to liberate Jerusalem with loaves and fishes either which is what the people wanted. Now if you want to tell me he was an undocumented rebel leader who was killed before he got to do anything and all his martial speeches are in the apocrypha, fine, but I doubt you'll find many Christian believers that subscribe to that.
                Last edited by seanraaron; 25 February 2016, 13:23.

Comment

So you're not supposed to "turn the other cheek?" The meek won't inherit the earth? What, pray tell, is the real Christianity then? Warriors spreading the gospel? I thought that was Islam...

In reality Jesus is a false messiah no one in his right mind would have followed. Bar Kochbah led a rebellion against Rome; Jesus didn't do enough to warrant a 2nd page newspaper side piece (probably didn't even exist). You sure as hell weren't going to liberate Jerusalem with loaves and fishes either which is what the people wanted. Now if you want to tell me he was an undocumented rebel leader who was killed before he got to do anything and all his martial speeches are in the apocrypha, fine, but I doubt you'll find many Christian believers that subscribe to that.
                  His book was a bestseller though to be fair.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    His book was a bestseller though to be fair.
                    Hotels went mad for it
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      no you would just be ostracized a hundred years ago. See religions grow up eventually.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X