• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Action Pack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Action Pack

I remember hearing a few years ago that MS were looking at amending the criteria for the MAP by making applicants take a (product) test.

Is that the case? Did they go through with this?
    Anyone signed up to this and take the test? What's it like?

Thinking of signing up as a cost effective way of getting Windows 7 and Office 2010 (when it is released next year).

I joined this year and yes there were lots on online course nonsense with silly tests at the end of each. It was a bit of a waste of time really on a difficult to use website. I do have the software now but am still using XP with Office 2003 so have not used any of it yet.

Still I have a nice shiny folder now full of DVD's on the shelf

Comment

Yes they have various tests, but to be honest the biggest test is navigating what has to be the most horrendous and unintuitive website ever devised! A total mare.

Christ alive, no wonder Google rule the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Yes they have various tests, but to be honest the biggest test is navigating what has to be the most horrendous and unintuitive website ever devised! A total mare.
        Indeed, it's simply horrible. It actually seems to work quite well technically, but even now I can't find things I've used many times before due to the random navigation design.

The tests are easy IIRC. Or at least you can find one which is... I took one on a technology I'd never used.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Their Action Pack site is horrible...

They've also stopped now sending DVDs out unless you pay higher price and this stupid test accessment must have been made up by guru

That said if you got like 10 PCs then Action Pack is good value.

Comment

Subbed earlier this year, took the "test" failed horribly as I wasn't interested in the bumf, but everytime I got a question wrong, the answer was on the next pag, so I simply paged back and filled it in and got up to their passmark (I think it was 3 out of 4), you now download what you want unless you want yo pay extra.
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Are the downloads ISO images which can then subsequently be burnt to disc and run from there?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Are the downloads ISO images which can then subsequently be burnt to disc and run from there?
                Yup
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  They have them now.

Comment

I signed up to the MAP after reading about it on this forum; agree with comments already made that the site is shite (should that be tulipe? doesn't rhyme though!) but it is worth it, for £200 I now have a (virtual) win 7, 2008 Server, and will be building a Sharepoint server pretty soon, which is pretty good value.

Trouble is I host them on a crappy old tosh laptop, so not exactly rocket ships...

Comment

Working...
                    X