• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interesting...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burdock
    indeed!

i seem to have a mental block about settling down! last lass finished with me a few weeks ago as she saw no future for us due to my 'ambivalent attitude'.
    hmmm!!! i couldn't see the problem as she is a few years away from wanting kids, but I guess she thought she was wasting her time... doh!

So, I am pondering the great uncertain void which is the future ...I started reading a book on eastern philosophy in bed last night. Maybe I will find all the answers therein!

I think when the most excitement you get in bed is reading a book about Eastern philosophy, it's clearly time to change your ways

Did your 'ambivalent attitude' extend to tapping off with other lasses then? Or did you just not want to move in/get married etc?

I am actually very suprised - you seem like a really nice guy (one of the more normal ones onhere!) - I figured you'd be well and truly snapped up.

Are you just young like? and how long were you with this last lass for?

<SA in "bored sh*tless at work" mode>
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      I think when the most excitement you get in bed is reading a book about Eastern philosophy, it's clearly time to change your ways
      ha! ha! yesh

Did your 'ambivalent attitude' extend to tapping off with other lasses then?
      Or did you just not want to move in/get married etc?
      Nope, strictly monogamous / faithful / boring. I think I'm just a commitment-phobe! I also don't want kids (various reasons), whereas she strongly does....and even though she won't want them for a few more years she thought it pointless being with a bloke with whom she had no future. My theory was 'make hay while the sun shines'.

I am actually very suprised - you seem like a really nice guy (one of the more normal ones onhere!) - I figured you'd be well and truly snapped up.
      Bless you my daughter!

Are you just young like? and how long were you with this last lass for?
      Will be 33 in 2 weeks. Most of me mates are married / settled. Sigh!
      Was wih ex for about 6 months. We're meeting for a drink tomorrow to see if there is a compromise.

<SA in "bored sh*tless at work" mode>
      I'm in that mode every day. I think the control has snapped off!

How was your wedding dress shop?!

Comment

ha! ha! yesh

Nope, strictly monogamous / faithful / boring. I think I'm just a commitment-phobe! I also don't want kids (various reasons), whereas she strongly does....and even though she won't want them for a few more years she thought it pointless being with a bloke with whom she had no future. My theory was 'make hay while the sun shines'.

Bless you my daughter!

Will be 33 in 2 weeks. Most of me mates are married / settled. Sigh!
        Was wih ex for about 6 months. We're meeting for a drink tomorrow to see if there is a compromise.

I'm in that mode every day. I think the control has snapped off!

How was your wedding dress shop?!
        The kids issue is a very tricky one like - people seem to have very strong views about it. You'll not find many lasses who dont want kids...you might find some who dont want any more, but that obviously means that they already have them.
        And of course, the day you find one who definatwly 100% doesn't want one...you'll change your mind :

"me" mates? Are you from up here?!

6 months is way too short a time to decide whether you want to spend your life with someone really...never mind have kids with them. But late 20's and early 30's people have such an air of desperation around them sometimes, like they're all racing against the clock to couple up.

So...onto my wedding... Off to try some on tonight I'm going to this place in York where the studio is a converted barn. The lass who owns it is actually picking me up from the station!
        I'm sh*tting bricks. All them dresses in one room - it's going to freak me out (I'm a bit of a committment phobe myself!)
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

The kids issue is a very tricky one like - people seem to have very strong views about it. You'll not find many lasses who dont want kids...you might find some who dont want any more, but that obviously means that they already have them.
          And of course, the day you find one who definatwly 100% doesn't want one...you'll change your mind :

"me" mates? Are you from up here?!

6 months is way too short a time to decide whether you want to spend your life with someone really...never mind have kids with them. But late 20's and early 30's people have such an air of desperation around them sometimes, like they're all racing against the clock to couple up.

So...onto my wedding... Off to try some on tonight I'm going to this place in York where the studio is a converted barn. The lass who owns it is actually picking me up from the station!
          I'm sh*tting bricks. All them dresses in one room - it's going to freak me out (I'm a bit of a committment phobe myself!)

In a barn eh? Are you going for a 'country dancing' theme ... COOL

Are you taking a Hugh Grant figure to help you decide? Was that place in Catford no good?

'Me mates'....ha! I'm a southerner who has been living in Derbyshire for a few years. I've started saying 'dook', as in, 'aye dook' to the locals, but I do it in a southern accent which makes them think I'm taking the pi55!

Yes, I agree 6 months is a short time...I think she decided that as I was against having kids that I was a 'non-starter'.

I agree, most lasses certainly want kids. Mind you I found a web site once as a kind of 'support group' for women who had decided not to have children. She said people treat them with suspicion, contempt and outright hostility

So, we'll see what happens..gleep...

Good luck tonight!!

Comment

In a barn eh? Are you going for a 'country dancing' theme ... COOL

Are you taking a Hugh Grant figure to help you decide? Was that place in Catford no good?

'Me mates'....ha! I'm a southerner who has been living in Derbyshire for a few years. I've started saying 'dook', as in, 'aye dook' to the locals, but I do it in a southern accent which makes them think I'm taking the pi55!

Yes, I agree 6 months is a short time...I think she decided that as I was against having kids that I was a 'non-starter'.

I agree, most lasses certainly want kids. Mind you I found a web site once as a kind of 'support group' for women who had decided not to have children. She said people treat them with suspicion, contempt and outright hostility

So, we'll see what happens..gleep...

Good luck tonight!!

If I took a Hugh Grant figure with me I'd end up sh*gging him and the wedding would be off. Far safer on my own!

I was suppost to go to the catford one this riday, but I've cancelled (it was going to be a bit of a chew on). Hoepfully the York lass will have somethign which doesn't make me look like a freak.

"I found a web site once as a kind of 'support group' for women who had decided not to have children" - what an excellent place to pick up chicks!! Did you accidentally find it the same way Duder found that sh*gging YouTube site?

Good look tomorrow for you aswell
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

"I found a web site once as a kind of 'support group' for women who had decided not to have children" - what an excellent place to pick up chicks!! Did you accidentally find it the same way Duder found that sh*gging YouTube site?

Good look tomorrow for you aswell
              u see, my last experience was the complete opposite. just when i thought we were getting on well, she decided to go cold.

her explanation was that she was always on the 'go' busy, and i was just too chilled out. basically, she ran a mile as soon as i showed her some interest.

weird if u ask me. but girls dont seem to like a guy who acts a bit needy.

unfortunalty i do have needs, and they mostly start with my cock.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                unfortunalty i do have needs, and they mostly start with my cock.

You know, I'm sure you'd pull more if you were that honest with women.

Women dont like clingy men (as in emotionally needy), but they dont mind being lusted after.

Pick up a p*ssed minger ffs!!!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

You know, I'm sure you'd pull more if you were that honest with women.

Women dont like clingy men (as in emotionally needy), but they dont mind being lusted after.

SA, are you gonna sort me and Duder out with a couple of your mates or what

Comment

dont do pissed mingers. i have a standard i adhere to.

Comment

SA, are you gonna sort me and Duder out with a couple of your mates or what
                      Why would I do that? I like my mates!!!

I can think of 3 of my mates actually who are looking for blokes...all very very pretty and very very nice. None of them would sh*g on the first date like...maybe the 2nd. All the former sl*ts ar married off now unfortunately.

I doubt I'd ever get you all together though...you'd have to wait until next year for my hen weekend...but you will probably all be attached by then (except Duder obviously)
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X