• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zero hours contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    I know you work in recruitment so I will try and put in some keywords:

Assuming you pay tax (either direct through earnings, VAT, etc.), this goes to the government who then pay some of it out back out in Tax Credits to low earners. If industry paid enough in wages, the Government wouldn't have to pay this out meaning either you paid less tax or it could be spent on other things (delete as appropriate).
    Let me explain it to you how I see it.

If the government delivered public services efficiently there would be a well educated population, low crime no welfare industry and a healthier society. If they then got their house building sorted out there would be no need to tax people and the cost of living would fall. People would then not need tax credits and there would be more jobs because Britain would be:

1. A great place to live
    2. A place that would attract foreign and domestic investment

By the way how is your fracking going?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Not enough good jobs around thanks to anti-jobs Govt policies such as too high taxes on employment?
      So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter how much you educate yourself or re-train or learn new skills, there are no decent jobs available because the Government has made it too expensive for employers to employ people?
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

If the government delivered public services efficiently there would be a well educated population, low crime no welfare industry and a healthier society. If they then got their house building sorted out there would be no need to tax people and the cost of living would fall. People would then not need tax credits and there would be more jobs because Britain would be:

1. A great place to live
        2. A place that would attract foreign and domestic investment

By the way how is your fracking going?
        Add to that - people taking responsibility for their own actions, realising that appearing on Big Brother is not a career path, that life is not fair and you don't get something for nothing and we're golden

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter how much you educate yourself or re-train or learn new skills, there are no decent jobs available because the Government has made it too expensive for employers to employ people?
          No, I am not saying that

Best people will always find decent jobs, if not in UK then elsewhere.

Govt takes too much in tax so cost of life in UK is very expensive - this has got knock on effect on salaries required by people who want to have decent life, not luxury, just decent.

End resuls it that employers outsource those jobs to India and create supermarket shelf stacking jobs. If PhDs are forced to take those jobs then it could cause big problem to those who did not get good edukation.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            And this is why this is true
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yesterday if you got them available -

Price - £ neg.
              I just need to finish screening them
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

No, I am not saying that

Best people will always find decent jobs, if not in UK then elsewhere.

Govt takes too much in tax so cost of life in UK is very expensive - this has got knock on effect on salaries required by people who want to have decent life, not luxury, just decent.

End resuls it that employers outsource those jobs to India and create supermarket shelf stacking jobs. If PhDs are forced to take those jobs then it could cause big problem to those who did not get good edukation.
                I have to agree - the outsourcing is a problem but do you not think that the trend is reversing slightly as the companies realise how poor the service is that they are getting?

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  I have to agree - the outsourcing is a problem but do you not think that the trend is reversing slightly as the companies realise how poor the service is that they are getting?
                  There is element of reversal for sure.

Comment

Price - £ neg.
                    Hours - 0
                    FTFY

Comment

Price - £ neg.
                      Hours - about 5 minutes... each