• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child Friendly Tablets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Friendly Tablets

With Christmas around the corner and seeing as the kids (7 and 5) won't leave my shiney iPad alone I was looking at some of the child friendly tablets on the market, has anyone else looked into them, anyone already bought one for their little monster and "road tested" it as dads (and geek moms do?)

On paper the Kurio looks the best, but have found a few disappointing reviews, where as the Leapfrog LeapPad 2 seems to get good reviews, but is that because it's aimed lower?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I was going to suggest diazepam until I looked at the context of the article...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

FFS buy them both a new iPad each. What sort of contractor are you?

Comment

Etch a Sketch...they're the future
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          I was going to suggest Ritalin until I looked at the context of the article...
          FTFY

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            On paper the Kurio looks the best, but have found a few disappointing reviews, where as the Leapfrog LeapPad 2 seems to get good reviews, but is that because it's aimed lower?
            Bought my 7 yr old daughter a Kurio and she absolutely loves it, they're really child friendly and some of the pre-installed apps are really good. The best part for me was the inbuilt parental control for the internet so I don't have to worry so much about her stumbling across something she shouldn't. I bought her the 10 inch tablet and then she started poking fun at my Nexus 7 for being small.

Oh almost forgot to add she reads eBooks on it and also watches movies and it addicted to Angry birds.
            Last edited by The Spartan; 16 October 2012, 09:55. Reason: reference to device
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

I wanted to get the youngest (2 years old) this, but it never passed the funding stage on Kickstarter

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Bought my 7 yr old daughter a Kurio and she absolutely loves it, they're really child friendly and some of the pre-installed apps are really good. The best part for me was the inbuilt parental control for the internet so I don't have to worry so much about her stumbling across something she shouldn't. I bought her the 10 inch tablet and then she started poking fun at my Nexus 7 for being small.

Oh almost forgot to add she reads eBooks on it and also watches movies and it addicted to Angry birds.
                The reviews of the Kurio comment on the underwhelming nature of the hardware, have you found this a problem, what is the battery life like?

Comment

you could get a refurbed Asus Transformer TF101 for about £200 off eBay

My 3yo loves using mine! Games, youTube, coloring apps etc

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
                    you could get a refurbed Asus Transformer TF101 for about £200 off eBay

My 3yo loves using mine! Games, youTube, coloring apps etc
                    Not very child friendly, kids have a habit of bouncing expensive electronics!

Comment

Working...
                    X