• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Relevant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it is relevant................

If God didnt exist you would have to invent him!

Chico will tell you that many of the worlds ills are because people no longer have god in their lives and to a point he is right.

Man is a nasty beast, he is greedy and selfish and is inclined to do whatever he feels is good for him.
    Yet man has to live in social groups. This society needs a number of rules and would at one time equated to survival of the fitest. Alpha male and all that.
    With mans genious and invention we have a society totally capable of each individula destroying any and all who stand in their way, or even mildly offend them.
    The historical method of controlling the more primal urges of man has been to engender fear of a higher being, or to promise health wealth and happiness should you be found worthy.

At a base level many have decided that God is irrelevant and therefore have no constraints on their behaviour towards their fellow men and this can only lead to the breakdown of society.
    Unless the public can be persuaded to follow a moral code voluntarily then there is no hope.

God is both the carrot and the stick.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock

I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.

John Lennon
      Yeah right on!

John Lennon.... the guy that had the "love-in" with the most butt-ugly chick in the world?
      That's Irony!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
        Christianity will go.

It will vanish and shrink.

I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity.

John Lennon
        Didn't do so good at predicting his own demise though....

Comment

I'm with The Lone Gunman in this regard. Humans individually are quite clever altruistic creatures but in herds they are dangerous and need shepherding.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
            Didn't do so good at predicting his own demise though....
            Or did he ? Think again JB !

I don't intend to be a performing flea any more. I was the dreamweaver, but although I'll be around I don't intend to be running at 20,000 miles an hour trying to prove myself. I don't want to die at 40.

John Lennon

Then again from the Walls and Bridges album theres a song called Scared ...

Hatred and jealousy, gonna be the death of me

I guess I knew it right from the start
            Sing out about love and peace
            Don't wanna see the red raw meat
            The green eyed goddamn straight from your heart
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 14 November 2005, 16:21.

Comment

Mmmm.... I wonder what the ethnic breakdown is of those 40% who said christianity was no longer relevant ....

As John Galt points out, many times christian symbols or celebrations are tarred with slanders of the politically correct brigade.... yet openly displaying other religious symbols is to be 'celebrated'.

Two of my nieces were 'edukated' in north London schools... they knew all about Divali, could name Bollywood stars, regulalrly came back with red marks on their forehead, but didnt know anything about the Magna Carta, Angles and Saxons, or the fact we had been at war with France on many occasions.

They were probably the only two white kids in their classes.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
              X