• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT is crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT is crap

Been in IT (support) now for approx 7 years and it is crap, peeps are fine , like a beer and wot not but the work is crap, anyone else concur?

Originally posted by Epith
    Been in IT (support)
    that's not real IT. Get youself a real job, stacking shelves in Tesco, I'm sure the gooner can give you some tips
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Yes, and the bad news is that it will not get any better.

Choose Life
      Choose New Labour

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        that's not real IT. Get youself a real job, stacking shelves in Tesco, I'm sure the gooner can give you some tips
        would probaly get more job satisfaction

Comment

Just replaced a keyboard, ohhh the joy

Comment

OK here is a challange to brighten up your day

by 16:00 rack up 100 posts on this BB
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

YOur cure

If we have recession again, get yourslef down to the local temping agency and go and work on a building site or for a scaffolding company for 6 months.

You will love IT after that
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Yes I designed the shelf stacking system - now Sainsburys use it as do Asda.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                  If we have recession again, get yourslef down to the local temping agency and go and work on a building site or for a scaffolding company for 6 months.

You will love IT after that
                  Aye SunnySan

There might be the occasional exception in certain sectors,but it seems to me that the continuing decay of rates and opportunites in IT has changed the World of IT contracting into a wolrd of IT temping, its not uncommon now for the IT contract market to offer less money than the equivalent perm position.

I did previously work on a building site in Motherwell back in 1980, hard work but I enjoyed it.

At least I cashed in with IT contracting when the going was good !

Feelling strange but I dont why ...
                  Excuse me while I kiss the sky ...
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 November 2005, 11:15.

Comment

OK here is a challange to brighten up your day

by 16:00 rack up 100 posts on this BB
                    easy!
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X