• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slow start

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Not another bastard Rovers fan!
    Ah, the hill troll formerly known as widget!

Comment

Originally posted by Paco
      Ah, the hill troll formerly known as widget!
      Shouldn't you be getting some bloody work done?
      Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
      You know you'll need us!

Comment

Steve'O, I'm not sure it's a Cinderella story in the truest sense. We have 100 years of proud history. Whilst our history might not be filled with as much glory as that of Liverpool, we have been a major side for the majority of it.

Chelsea do not splash the cash in the same way as Real Madrid or Barca. We have to pay over the market value for a player simply because everyone wants a share of Roman's cash. There is one price for Chelsea and one price for every other club

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
          Shouldn't you be getting some bloody work done?
          I've got the OTV banner screen up - my work here is done. It is an interesting shade of red however...

Comment

Originally posted by Paco
            I've got the OTV banner screen up - my work here is done. It is an interesting shade of red however...
            I'm listening to MTV - In Italian!!!!!
            Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
            You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
              I'm listening to MTV - In Italian!!!!!
              and I'm reading this!
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Quote:
                Chelsea do not splash the cash in the same way as Real Madrid or Barca. We have to pay over the market value for a player simply because everyone wants a share of Roman's cash. There is one price for Chelsea and one price for every other club

Of course there's a Chelsea price...We got the dosh, so if Chelsea come knocking you would inflate the price wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by steve'O
                  Quote:
                  Of course there's a Chelsea price...We got the dosh, so if Chelsea come knocking you would inflate the price wouldn't you?
                  Yes, but being a Chelsea fan I can see the disadvantage
                  Once the new youth academy has had chance to establish itself and kids want to play for Chelsea, things should become easier for us.

Comment

Most definately!

Buy the way are you on loan to Inter at the mo'??

Comment

Originally posted by voron
                      Yes, but being a Chelsea fan I can see the disadvantage
                      Once the new youth academy has had chance to establish itself and kids want to play for Chelsea, things should become easier for us.
                      You lot are saying exactly the same things we said in the early nineties. Just make sure you don't let your manager move 'upstairs' to become director of golf, to be replaced by his hapless assistant, and then have your benefactor die on you. Oh, and adding to your squad after winning the title is probably a good idea too!

Still, Saturday was mildy enjoyable.
                      Last edited by Paco; 28 September 2005, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
                      X