• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slow start

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But for that to happen Chelsea would need to be relegated...Can you see that happening?

Comment

Tony, I'm sure Kenyon is smart enough to consider such possibilities, and as he is a driving force behind Chelsea becoming financially self-sufficient, it is a safe bet to assume this has been planned for.

Chelsea are a big team. We have been a major team for most of our 100 years and our current purple patch will ensure the reputation grows. People are still attracted to Liverpool despite their relative lean period.

Comment

As I understand it, Chelsea have unloaded a lot of players. Mourinho always said he only wanted a squad of 23. Add those that they have out on loan, and they still don't have that many.

Having said that, those players are still on hefty contracts.

Comment

You are Juan Sebastian Veron I claim my £5

Comment

The point I was making was, if you keep on taking on big name players and putting them on lucrative contracts, it makes the process of being financially self sufficient so much harder.

In 2003-04 they spent 175 million on players and had a wage bill of £115 million. Man u by the same token had a wage bill of £77m. This was 76% of the total income for Chelsea. It would be interesting to see if they have brought this figure down to the 55% Kenyon was quoted as being the target. I'd doubt they have.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by steve'O
              You are Juan Sebastian Veron I claim my £5
              You are going to have to explain that one to me

Tony, I take your point. Let's give Kenyon and co a couple of seasons to really shape matters. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Comment

Well a point from last night's game. I would have settled for that before the match. Benitez is the one manager in the EPL who seems to have Mourinho sussed.

Comment

I thought it was a very good game, the ref was a bit quick to stop play, but all in all a good game.
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                  X