• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slow start

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can afford to lose Terry for a while, as we have good central defenders to cover. I'd be more worried about Lampard, as he is about the only consistent goal scorer we have.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
      I agree, but forcing them to make changes in key areas is better than nothing. I'd say losing Lampard and Terry for a significant period could only be a good thing for the rest.

If I had a preferance though, I'd like both teams to lose.
      Dont you think Manure and the Arse would be better off if Chelski had a good run in the Champions League, at least then there is a chance that they will run out of steam by the end of the year again.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Just to remind you we Chelsea had a "Good Run" in the Champions league for the last 2 seasons Semi Finals twice....

Comment

But until you win it you will only be considered another Blackburn Rovers
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            But until you win it you will only be considered another Blackburn Rovers
            Praise indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Paco
              Praise indeed!
              Not another bastard Rovers fan!
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Praise indeed! but not another "you bought the Premiership" wally!
                There was always the Manures of this world doing that...Now you have a London club doing it with the big guy's everone has a go...At least there are 3 big clubs instead of the 2....now that's got to be good

Comment

Originally posted by steve'O
                  At least there are 3 big clubs instead of the 2....now that's got to be good
                  True, but it would be better with half a dozen, like it was in the seventies.

However, the fear is that Chelsea are too good. There are no practical limits to their resources.

Comment

It's funny how Chelsea buy all their success, whereas the same is never said about Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. Of course Man Utd have never been big spenders. As for Real Madrid - all home grown talent.

Cash can only go so far. Look at Real Madrid. The difference is that in Mourinho we have finally got a great manager. Roman's cash was needed to give the club a boost, to put us on par with the other major European sides. It won't last forever and the plan is for the club to become self-sufficient within a few years. Given the big investment in the club's infrastructure, that is a real possibility.

Comment

And I think Chelsea deserve it more.
                      Man U/Arsenal/Liverpool......Could Mr Bates have bought those clubs for £1?
                      Proper Cinderella story..

Comment

Working...
                      X