• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Da Vinci Code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What overwhelming evidence is there that Jesus existed then? Unlike you, I don't blindly follow what some weirdo in a frock has tried to tell me, or the 'facts' in the world's best selling book (the Bible).

You can't pick parts of the Old and New Testament that may be verifiable and decide that therefore the whole of the work must be true. That's blind faith.

You think I've read the Da Vinci Code and blindly followed what it said? No. I've been sceptical of the story of Jesus for many years, in fact I only read Dan Brown's books in the last few months. I'm not an atheist, I'm a Christian. Just not as gullible as some Christians.

As I have said, I have an open mind, if there is evidence to suggest either story I will look at it objectively. Before you assume though - I'm not saying I don't believe in God, just that the stories concerning JC are not only unproven but are inconsistent throughout the book.

The opinions of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John etc as evidence? I'm afraid that's not proof, it's heresay.
    By reading the above I was puzzled by the fact that you claim to be a Christian but don't believe in Jesus Christ.

Comment

I don't disbelieve he existed. However, I think the stories about his life are exaggerated.

I don't believe in Adam and Eve. Does that make me an Atheist?
      Discuss PDA/Smartphones
      Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

Originally posted by dazza12
        According to Chico, it makes you Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by dazza12
          I don't disbelieve he existed. However, I think the stories about his life are exaggerated.

I'm not asking if you believe he existed.

I said how can you claim to be a Christian if you don't believe in Jesus Christ?

Comment

I have read and listened to testimony after testimony about people, not unlike members on this board, who have met the real Jesus and now have a loving relationship with their Creator. Atheists,Jews, Imams, Hindus the lot - I have seen all of them come to faith and its shows that irrespective of background, culture and education. It is interesting that the public face of Alpha Course - Nicky Gumbel a Jewish atheist who came to faith when he was reading law at Cambridge.
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              who have met the real Jesus
              Bit unfair that isnt it? to those who havent had said experience I mean. It was easy for Moses and Noah and Mohammed et al as they had proof of their own experience. How the rest of us are supposed to base our faith on the experience of others is a bit more difficult.
              I did some voluntary work in a mental institution in my youth, if I put my faith in all the ravings I heard in there.......

Nice for you though, you met Jesus and are eternally blessed. I havent so I am eternaly damned. Nice of him to choose you wasnt it.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Well LG ask yourself what is stopping you from meeting Jesus? Your unbelief? Apathy? The invitation is open to all.
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                  Well LG ask yourself what is stopping you from meeting Jesus? Your unbelief? Apathy? The invitation is open to all.
                  I would never join any club or society that would have me as a member.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                    So what is it about this novel that is getting some nuns upset?
                    Has anyone read it, and if so what's your opinion on it?
                    Lets see...some nuns get upset and nothing happens. Some mulahs get upset and call for the infidel to be put to death.

Yeah...islam...the religion of peace

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X