• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orient Express

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Hang on a bit !
    No - Sparty is right. Remember the trashy hotel Lois & Clark stayed at in Superman II?

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
      No - Sparty is right. Remember the trashy hotel Lois & Clark stayed at in Superman II?
      And the dangerous railings / lack of protection for people falling in

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Hang on a bit !
        Back off man, I've been to both Niagara Falls and Blackpool so I'm an expert. Anyone who says differently is as clueless as mailman. Well maybe not that clueless.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
          And I doubt very much that any sort of risk assessment had been carried out on the vibrating water bed. Imagine the terrible scalds that could ensue if one were to sit down on that bed with a hot cup of tea. Disgraceful.

Comment

Agree with Spartacus on both points

1. Niagra is an absolute dump
            2. It's not possible to be as clueless as postie.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              Back off man, I've been to both Niagara Falls and Blackpool so I'm an expert. Anyone who says differently is as clueless as mailman. Well maybe not that clueless.
              Hmmm... both big gay haunts...

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
                Good question. In the case of SSAFA and RBL, the charities in question have a goodly proportion of their income being spent on the good causes!
                The charities commission insist that you specify the amount of money that you use for administration. If it is over a certain amount - 12p in the £ is a figure that springs to mind - they refuse you charitable status.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  what's the special occasion? just wondering
                  Nothin in particular, just that we havn't had a proper holiday for various reasons for about 5 years. Son is off to Prague/Berlin for a week with his school in the spring so we figured it was a good excuse to get away ourselves.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                    Like at the Grand Canyon?
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      Are we talking 'scottish' weeks or normal everyday Blackpool ? On second thoughts you may be right, I will back off.

Comment

Working...
                      X