• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diestl
    Yeah I just wish if its a no the agent would let you know, rather than let you cling to a faint, vague thread of hope [..]
    Unless the client feedback indicates you were useless, agents almost always do that, in the hope that they can line up another interview by the time they give you the bad news about the previous one. It's not altruism on their part, just a desire to keep you at their disposal so to speak.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
      Looks like we're waiting for Churchill to create another fake ID to massage his ego. That's the lumpy bit just below his stomach when he rolls over and plays dead.
      A "fake" ID?

So, is Captain Dispensable your real name?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Place was a miserable pit & I left after 3 months having created a shedload of cardboard models of systems.
        Are you a Blue Peter presenter by trade?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          No.

There was no sticky backed plastic involved.

Or toilet roll centres.
          Wouldn't toilet roll centres have been good for data files/bases?

But I'd understand if you didn't use them - I'd heard that Giant Alien Lizards wipe their arses with emery cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            A "fake" ID?

So, is Captain Dispensable your real name?
            It may be an anagram, or I may have used deed poll. No one really gives a sh*t.

"Fake" as in an alternative ID used for the sole purpose of fooling around outside one's own persona.

Go and chew on someone else's bone. I'm waiting for a bitch to come and do mine.
            "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Guess you all were right, saw the job readvertised today . Not a peep from the agent, its the first time i've ever failed an interview, so it's a bummer.

Comment

Guess you all were right, saw the job readvertised today . Not a peep from the agent, its the first time i've ever failed an interview, so it's a bummer.
                That is very bad after an interview FFS. Did you tell us who the agency was?

I'd be tempted to call the client and say the agent hasn't been back to you yet, you haven't been able to contact them, and have you got the job? At least if the client says no, we rejected you, it lets the client know what a tulipe agency they are.
                Last edited by wendigo100; 4 May 2007, 22:12.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  That is very bad after an interview FFS. Did you tell us who the agency was?

I'd be tempted to call the client and say the agent hasn't been back to you yet, you haven't been able to contact them, and have you got the job? At least if the client says no, we rejected you, it lets the client know what a tulipe agency they are.
                  I thought this was normal practice, was CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
                    It may be an anagram, or I may have used deed poll. No one really gives a sh*t.

"Fake" as in an alternative ID used for the sole purpose of fooling around outside one's own persona.

Go and chew on someone else's bone. I'm waiting for a bitch to come and do mine.
                    And I bet you're still waiting!

As for an alternative ID on this forum, nope. Not my game at all.

Comment

I thought this was normal practice, was CP.
                      Not if you've gone as far as an interview it's not. That is a business meeting.

The agent's behaviour is appalling.
                      Last edited by wendigo100; 5 May 2007, 07:52.

Comment

Working...
                      X