• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Bitcoin to $85k by November 20th

Another bold prediction! Be assured it’s not without some hours of study. So far 50/50 with both previous attempts at price and date predictions but 100% with both price predictions. Can this be the 3rd?

On the above daily chart price action has printed a new all time high. A close above the orange line is now needed to confirm support on the previous all time high.

This trade is confirmed with a close of $59k or above by October 25th and voided if below. Why is it important? A close here will print the first full bodied weekly candle above the previous all time high. That is incredibly bullish . See weekly chart below.

A buy from $58.5k is amazing if you can get it, however the current level of $60.1k is very strong support.

1st target $85k by November 20th (purple circle)

Good luck!"

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...November-20th/

lol

Comment

""Crackdown on crypto firms needed to ‘wreck’ ransomware, says ex-GCHQ boss

Robert Hannigan said there is need for ‘greater cryptocurrency regulation’ to make the hacking method a ‘poor business model’

Regulators need to “wreck the business model” of ransomware gangs by cracking down on cryptocurrency companies that facilitate Bitcoin payments, according to the former head of GCHQ.

Robert Hannigan, who was director of Britain’s signals intelligence agency from 2014 to 2017, said more coordinated action was needed to tackle a surge in ransomware attacks during the pandemic."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-says-ex-gchq/

Too little too late - time for half measures is over!

Comment

Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

So because I can rob a bank, we should regulate banks out of existence?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          ""Crackdown on crypto firms needed to ‘wreck’ ransomware, says ex-GCHQ boss

Robert Hannigan said there is need for ‘greater cryptocurrency regulation’ to make the hacking method a ‘poor business model’

Regulators need to “wreck the business model” of ransomware gangs by cracking down on cryptocurrency companies that facilitate Bitcoin payments, according to the former head of GCHQ.

Robert Hannigan, who was director of Britain’s signals intelligence agency from 2014 to 2017, said more coordinated action was needed to tackle a surge in ransomware attacks during the pandemic."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-says-ex-gchq/

Too little too late - time for half measures is over!

sure. Cos crypto is how all money is laundered.
          NatWest faces £340m fine after admitting ‘money-laundering’ failings | NatWest Group | The Guardian

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I really need to get my "oh crap"-crypto bot working. I have tickers open during the day but so many times I open the browser after the weekend and do a double-take at what carnage has occurred, which I could easily have bailed out of!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

NatWest, the UK’s biggest business bank, has been fined £265 million ($350 million) for failing to prevent the laundering of nearly £400 million. It’s the first criminal money laundering case against a British bank.

The charges relate to the bank’s failure to properly monitor the activity of one of its commercial customers between 2012 and 2016. Eleven people have pleaded guilty in connection with the case, the trial of another 13 suspects is scheduled for April 2022.

According to the case, when NatWest took on a Bradford-based gold trading business, Fowler Oldfield, as a customer, the bank was told it would not handle cash from the firm. However, during the period, hundreds of millions of pounds was deposited into the bank, with some huge amounts in cash.
              https://www.rt.com/business/543170-u...ey-laundering/

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-england-warns

Bitcoin could become ‘worthless’, Bank of England warns

People investing in the cryptocurrency should be aware of risks, central bank says

The Bank of England has said that bitcoin could be “worthless” and people investing in the digital currency should be prepared to lose everything.

In a warning over the potential risks for investors, the central bank questioned whether there was any inherent worth in the most prominent digital currency, which has soared in value this year to close to $50,000 (£37,786) a piece.

The cryptocurrency peaked above $67,000 in early November, but suffered a sell-off after news first broke of the Omicron variant of coronavirus, before stabilising around its current level in the past week.

The Bank’s deputy governor, Sir Jon Cunliffe, said it had to be ready for risks linked to the rise of the crypto asset following rapid growth in its popularity. “Their price can vary quite considerably and they [bitcoins] could theoretically or practically drop to zero,” he told the BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-england-warns

Bitcoin could become ‘worthless’, Bank of England warns

People investing in the cryptocurrency should be aware of risks, central bank says

The Bank’s deputy governor, Sir Jon Cunliffe, said it had to be ready for risks linked to the rise of the crypto asset following rapid growth in its popularity. “Their price can vary quite considerably and they [bitcoins] could theoretically or practically drop to zero,” he told the BBC.
                  The sky could also fall and we could all die... oh wait, that's global warning... technically we ****ed this planet our of existence and only have about 10 years before we see some serious repercussions, and within 25 years all the money in the world will be useless...

No one lost money with BTC in the last 10 years, but I bet the banks greed, inflation and high interests caused people to lose everything... of wait, that did happen and will keep happening. It's their stupidity that is pushing the crypto prices down this December.

I was always against BTC because it really is useless, but it is used as gold is used, for storing value... I only wish I got into it back when I thought it was a gimmick)) A few people on these forums are probably billionaires now, the ones that invested in crypto a few years back.

BTC will most likely get to $100k by the end of 2022.

Comment

""According to a new report, cryptocurrency-related scams weighed in at $7.7 billion in 2022. This might have been the year cryptocurrency officially went mainstream: Coinbase was listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) became nigh-ubiquitous, and Bitcoin was made legal tender in El Salvador. But a Chainalysis report showed that Wall Street, crypto enthusiasts, and El Salvador's government weren't the only groups to benefit in 2021. So did cryptocurrency scammers."

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news...ncy-scams-2021

Comment

BREAKING NEWS -

"Bitcoin - A huge move is about to occur - Pi cycle theory

But what direction? On balance of probability by the 1-day chart (below), it is an upside move. A huge move by December 21st - 23rd latest.

How do I know?

It is all down to the one trend line highlighted in blue on the above weekly chart. Now there are trend lines and there are trend lines . What makes one trend line more important than another? Confluence. And more important still? Confluence over an extended period of time. And more important that all of that.. read on.

On the weekly chart there is 8.61 year old trend line in the logarithmic view. It is significant, look left. Any confirmation of support or resistance was followed by a HUGE move in price action, whichever direction.

Congratulations to you if you’ve already clocked on to that number 8.61, it jumped out me and I nearly fell off my proverbial chair (WW stands at his desk!). There are times I really don’t know what came first, the chicken or the egg. I’m such a data nerd - sitting comfortably?

Does anyone know what this is?

8.615384615 * 365.25 = 3146.76923062

No matter if not. Look at the solution and compare with the number of days that have come to pass since this trend line began. Oh I’m not done yet..

8.61 - where have I seen that before, pi cycle theory of course."

More of this tulip from the source: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...-cycle-theory/

Pi cycle theory

Comment

Working...
                      X