• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's face it, Bitcoin is largely a speculative phenomenon. Most people who are buying it just view it as a chance to get rich quick.

This probably explains why its price moves more like that of a penny stock than something with a market cap of $1 trillion.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Of cretinism. The present too.
      we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post

I might be younger than you but I am born prior to 1990.

Google: Resisting the Virtual Life, by City Lights Books (1995)

With great respect to you guys, but by the sounds of it you do not understand how blockchain/crypto works.... You guys seem to miss the point, massively! Blockchain and crypto is revolutionary! Speculation is one, but use is another!

A bubble won't last longer than 12 months... BTC was introduced in 2008 and it's still here, wake up!
        Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

"This text aims to provide a platform for writers, scholars and activists to discuss the political, economic and cultural aspects of corporate and government visions of "the information superhighway". Addressing the video, computer and networked communications technologies on work, education, health, entertainment, literature and art, this book investigates their problematic impact on society. Exploring the relations of power and dependence fostered by the new information culture, it promotes the possibilities and strategies of resistance to the rewiring of the body psyche. With essays on the future of the Internet, the bringing down to earth of cyberspace, the sexism of the electronic frontier and the dangers of information, this work provides a critique of the "over-hyped" virtual life."

Almost tempted to buy it to see if the "essays on the future of the Internet" turned out to to be prophetic.
        If you bought it, you could add your review and get the counter up to 3 people
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I might be younger than you but I am born prior to 1990.

Google: Resisting the Virtual Life, by City Lights Books (1995)

With great respect to you guys, but by the sounds of it you do not understand how blockchain/crypto works.... You guys seem to miss the point, massively! Blockchain and crypto is revolutionary! Speculation is one, but use is another!

A bubble won't last longer than 12 months... BTC was introduced in 2008 and it's still here, wake up!

All of your issues with crypto were already debated on page 1 to 10 in this thread... that was 4 years ago. You're still sleeping deep and waiting to be slapped.

I cannot see anyone going to jail for normal use of blockchain. If someone is using it in illegal ways then yes - people should to go jail for that.

Regarding tax imposed on crypto by the IRS, that is old news, it is already part of the US 1040 form.

You are just following what the media is telling you, that is fine with me. Oh what, the Treasury also confirmed yesterday that they have are developing their own digital currency - funny that none of you mentioned that. You can hate crypto as much as you like, it is the future!
          It might be the future ... but until there is some stability in the market your normal man on the street is not going to hold crypto (of whichever flavour), certainly not above standard currency. Crypto is for the speculators and sheep for now - some will win, some will lose. Personally, I prefer my currency to have a level of stability thanks.

But, you know, if you're so cock sure about it, why not trade in all your boring FIAT currency and only hold Crypto instead?
          Last edited by Whorty; 21 May 2021, 14:41.

Comment

So what just happened? At 3pm ALL crypto took a simultaneous dive. Nothing has popped up on Twitter as yet.
            I see some activity on USD at the same time.
            Is there a story?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So what just happened? At 3pm ALL crypto took a simultaneous dive. Nothing has popped up on Twitter as yet.
              Is there a story?
              Someone actually found a way to convert it to REAL money??*

*and told his mates.

Comment

Is there a story?
                You mean you didn't know?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Some senior Chinese official spoke again, they said anyone found to be, or have been linked to crypto will be getting a bullet in the back of the head and will be donating their organs to those in need.

They have setup a phone line where citizens can snitch on people they want dead, the authorities are analyzing electricity bills to hunt down miners.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Is there a story?
                    This sort of price movement is par for the course with crypto.

Also, there will be a lot of skittishness at the moment that the recent price falls may be the start of a new bear market.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Is there a story?
                      Anyone checked the trader website? Did Scooty predict it was going to fly to the moon and back?

Comment

Working...
                      X