• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Treasury mandating cryptocurrency sales over $10K be reported to IRS

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21...eported-to-irs

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post

I might be younger than you but I am born prior to 1990.

Google: Resisting the Virtual Life, by City Lights Books (1995)

With great respect to you guys, but by the sounds of it you do not understand how blockchain/crypto works.... You guys seem to miss the point, massively! Blockchain and crypto is revolutionary! Speculation is one, but use is another!

A bubble won't last longer than 12 months... BTC was introduced in 2008 and it's still here, wake up!
      Inneresting ... you've referenced one book to support your argument and you think that's all you need
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

A bubble won't last longer than 12 months...

Welcome back, scootie.

Comment

I might be younger than you but I am born prior to 1990.

Google: Resisting the Virtual Life, by City Lights Books (1995)

With great respect to you guys, but by the sounds of it you do not understand how blockchain/crypto works.... You guys seem to miss the point, massively! Blockchain and crypto is revolutionary! Speculation is one, but use is another!

A bubble won't last longer than 12 months... BTC was introduced in 2008 and it's still here, wake up!
          Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Inneresting ... you've referenced one book to support your argument and you think that's all you need
          Sorry, should also have pointed out that on Amazon this book is rated at 5*, so your reference is very reputable. And one of the 2 people who rated the book 5* also reviewed the book and confirmed it arrived safely

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...pe=all_reviews

That's me convinced
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Sorry, should also have pointed out that on Amazon this book is rated at 5*, so your reference is very reputable. And one of the 2 people who rated the book 5* also reviewed the book and confirmed it arrived safely

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...pe=all_reviews

That's me convinced
            "This text aims to provide a platform for writers, scholars and activists to discuss the political, economic and cultural aspects of corporate and government visions of "the information superhighway". Addressing the video, computer and networked communications technologies on work, education, health, entertainment, literature and art, this book investigates their problematic impact on society. Exploring the relations of power and dependence fostered by the new information culture, it promotes the possibilities and strategies of resistance to the rewiring of the body psyche. With essays on the future of the Internet, the bringing down to earth of cyberspace, the sexism of the electronic frontier and the dangers of information, this work provides a critique of the "over-hyped" virtual life."

Almost tempted to buy it to see if the "essays on the future of the Internet" turned out to to be prophetic.

Comment

Looks like Iran will be serving customary sentences (hanging off cranes) -

Iran Enlists Its Spies to Hunt Down Power-Hungry Bitcoin Miners”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...&sref=o1Dqf087

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Welcome back, scootie.
                Fine, this " bubble" is ongoing for 13 years, God..... it must burst. See ya in 2026

Comment

It’s ongoing because nobody went to jail for it (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It’s ongoing because nobody went to jail for it (yet)
                    All of your issues with crypto were already debated on page 1 to 10 in this thread... that was 4 years ago. You're still sleeping deep and waiting to be slapped.

I cannot see anyone going to jail for normal use of blockchain. If someone is using it in illegal ways then yes - people should to go jail for that.

Regarding tax imposed on crypto by the IRS, that is old news, it is already part of the US 1040 form.

You are just following what the media is telling you, that is fine with me. Oh what, the Treasury also confirmed yesterday that they have are developing their own digital currency - funny that none of you mentioned that. You can hate crypto as much as you like, it is the future!

Comment

it is the future!
                      Of cretinism. The present too.

Comment

Working...
                      X