• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    The only real thing I do not understand about this year so far (even with retrospect) is the lack of impact that Consensus had. I mean..literally none. Why?
    Consensus was driven by retail investors. $550b worth of retail remains out of Crypto for the time being since December high. That's pocket change with what's to come.

Institutional investors cannot yet come into the space, according to PBC, because there's just not the possibility to buy $1, 5, or 10b worth of BTC, which they'll need. That's why the custodian is so important to get up and running.

I posted this chart two weeks back, we're still inside the triangle, all good. Yes BTC might test around $5.5k again, but don't fret it. Just concentrate on accumulating satoshi value.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      ICE in November will hold a BTC futures platform. Very bullish compared with CME, the reason being ICE have to hold BTC to satisfy the contracts, CME don't as it's cash only. Give a thought to this one, they'll be buying up 100's and 1000's of BTC to make it work.

Think about the events that are coming in the months ahead.

1) Custodian for BTC has been identified, setup now in progress.

2) CME futures trading

3) Pension funds using the first BTC ETF

No. 1 is the most important of all of these. There's a lot of bullishness in the coming months I fret that cashing out at the end of 2018 (as I said at the beginning of this thread) will be shortsighted.

Forgot one

4) Stock market correction.

Will it happen will it no, stocks are massively overpriced historically speaking and trade wars growing. If it does happen at $2 trillion crypto market is no longer possible. No... It'll go to $20 trillion +
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Question:
        The Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) has postponed its decision on the Bitcoin ETF, supported by CBOE, until September 30. In your opinion, will CBOE get ETF License from SEC at any time before October 25?
        Indicator: 60.58%

Comment

Very odd that pooperscooper failed to report the latest use of tulip coins -

“The total cost of the grenades was $370.48 which Stellato paid in bitcoins.”

https://public-newsroom-nca-01.azure...-hand-grenades

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Would you be advocating for the abolition of the £, if he had used cash? lol
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Very odd that the All Time Winker failed to report the latest use of fiat

UK, Saudi Arabia sign deals worth more than $2 billion

Saudi-led air strike kills 29 children in Yemen

Comment

Interesting...

Last Friday, the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) announced it’s working with Microsoft to create a new platform for cryptocurrencies.

Everyone knows Microsoft is a major technology player. But most people don’t know that ICE owns the New York Stock Exchange and is a major player in global finance.

It also runs 23 other exchanges around the world, including exchanges in Chicago, San Francisco, London, and Singapore.

ICE is one of the most respected companies in the world… And it’s responsible for the smooth operation of dozens of major global financial markets.

Now, ICE has developed a platform that will allow institutions to buy bitcoin. It plans to launch the exchange in November if it gets approval from regulators.

I can’t tell you how incredibly bullish this is for bitcoin…

Comment

Interesting...
                  This could actually be credible good news.

Comment

Consensus was driven by retail investors. $550b worth of retail remains out of Crypto for the time being since December high. That's pocket change with what's to come.

Institutional investors cannot yet come into the space, according to PBC, because there's just not the possibility to buy $1, 5, or 10b worth of BTC, which they'll need. That's why the custodian is so important to get up and running.

I posted this chart two weeks back, we're still inside the triangle, all good. Yes BTC might test around $5.5k again, but don't fret it. Just concentrate on accumulating satoshi value.

Man I'm using too much brain juice on this... I think BTC is going down, much further below $5k, not for long, but my confidence is increasing that it'll do it. The above chart shows a third test of the support line, which isn't great. The more it tests a resistance the more likely it is to break through it. I've been trying to ignore it (emotion) but head is telling me otherwise. The comparisons to the start of this year and 2014 are uncanny. So what to do?

1) If you're a long term BTC hold, just hold. It'll be fine. Don't panic.

2) If you want to make a lot more BTC, hold more alts. I reckon ALTS will begin their bull run in the next 2 weeks. Yeah I know I said June a couple of month ago but honestly everything is moving so much slower than 2014. Why the time frame? Because of BTC dominance, once it tips the scales at 51% it'll pullback as the market realises this ETF business is not going to be underwritten any time soon.

If you do 2), we must make sure to move back into BTC. Why? Because BTC dominance will grow, which will be the signalling flag for a ATL coin pullback. We'll buy back into them of course.

PS: I'm only playing with coins that are not recommend to me.

Comment

Don't want to be rude but surely anyone with a hole in their arse could have predicted its going to drop lower than 5k?

And quoting your own incorrect advice not onve but twice, what makes the advice you end on worth anything?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X