• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not 'if' but 'when'.

One of my frustrations during the 90's was full well knowing MP3's were about to transform how we listened to portable music. I recall coming across my first CD stuffed with MP3's in the mid 90s, this will be big I thought. I just had no money to invest what with being a student.

The decentralisation of money, information, computing power - you name it - anything that is controlled or monopolised by the few is about to be transformed.

The problem with decentralisation is it's difficult to be sure you're investing in what will make the real money. Much easier when monopolised if you can get in early enough as per shares in Google/Apple/Microsoft ...

So as with MP3 and other digital compression solutions you can't invest directly but have to put your bets on which companies capitalise on the new technology the most successfully. Same goes for blockchain and cryptos.

So we're left sifting through the tulipcoins for those that have a genuine chance of being the winner in their target market. I suppose when we see the big tech companies buy them out we know they may be the one. Microsoft et al rarely invent their own winners but obtain the IP from others that have done all the hard work to get something worth selling to them at a nice multi million/billion pound price.

Having a spread of investments across the alt coins with the most potential seems like a good plan while we see how things evolve, or just bet it all on bitcoin becoming the new gold standard for the digital age.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Including Verge, a known tulipcoin?
      Yes. It'll hit $2 before the summer is over. Yes it's a tulip coin, I'd not hold it long term.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In my view Bitcoin has reached maturity so we're through the big gains. In other words the supply of new Bitcoins seems be matching the increase in demand. Bitcoins will now go up and down like any other commodity.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

We need some good bullish BTC movement in the next few weeks/months to bring the McAfee D**kline back on track.

"When I predicted Bitcoin at $500,000 by the end of 2020, it used a model that predicted $5,000 at the end of 2017. BTC has accelerated much faster than my model assumptions. I now predict Bircoin at $1 million by the end of 2020. I will still eat my d**k if wrong.
          — John McAfee (@officialmcafee) November 29, 2017"
          https://fnordprefekt.de/

A crypto related vid McAfee did last month - average production quality but some interesting points/opinions upto 42 mins (after that questions):

Last edited by SunnyInHades; 27 May 2018, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Yes. It'll hit $2 before the summer is over. Yes it's a tulip coin, I'd not hold it long term.
            That's 50x up from where it is now, so a $30 billion market cap - I'm genuinely curious as to what your prediction for Verge at $2 is based on.
            Last edited by FarangMau; 27 May 2018, 16:25. Reason: Bad grammar

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              In my view Bitcoin has reached maturity so we're through the big gains. In other words the supply of new Bitcoins seems be matching the increase in demand. Bitcoins will now go up and down like any other commodity.
              Do you think a single coin will cost more than $50k before the end of this year?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by FarangMau View Post
                That's 50x up from where it is now, so a $30 billion market cap - I'm genuinely curious as to what your prediction for Verge at $2 is based on.
                Exactly. Makes stressing about a 50% pullback pointless.

XVG will do a 10x gain against BTC. And BTC a 5x gain before the summer is over. That's a 50x gain.

From the very early days of this thread I've said don't watch the dollar value, trade the BTC value. That's where the real gains are made.

Thing is after this 50x gain many people will not cash it in. You just wait. Many will be like - wow - it's the winner - and in the same breath watch the gains melt away.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 27 May 2018, 17:13.

Comment

Hang in there people - I know it's tough at the minute. And I do feel a burden of responsibility for coercing so many to follow my footsteps, which doesn't sit easy with me. Soon enough these pullbacks will be not be recognisable, patients is the key.

My plan B: Addicted to Trading? Scottish Hospital Treats Cryptocurrency Addiction

Comment

Some geezer's TA has spotted the 'Bitcoin devil' trading pattern (666) ...

Buy Dec 6 2017 - $13000
                    Sell Jan 6 2018 - $17000
                    $4000 profit/BTC

Buy Feb 6 2018 - $8400
                    Sell Mar 6 2018 - $11300
                    $3000 profit/BTC

Buy April 6 2018 - $6500
                    Sell May 6 2018 - $9700
                    $3000 profit/BTC

Buy June 6 2018 ? -

Comment

BAX listed on Kucoin.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X