• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under $8K soon?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

What's folk's predictions for next in line, 6k?

Comment

The market is oversold now and then some. It should continue to $7.5k given the 'capitulation' that is happening in the market.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          According to the white paper it's backed by the real stuff. I'd read more carefully before buying into it, however.

I won't be touching it, might have a ikkle punt with Telegram though

Milan.

Comment

Good man. No one should enter this game without that first basic step. I wish I could share the latest video from PBC, it makes some reassuring points.

This is a good test for everyone. Ignore the dollar value. I know it's hard to take the focus away, but this is how I miscalculated so much during 2017. Had I traded on the BTC value rather than the daily $ value my portfolio would be multiples more.

In the months to come you're going to see alt's grow in Satoshi value by stupid percentages. When that happens, you put the gains into BTC. Together we're looking at two sale points. Before the Summer begins and then sometime in December but before Christmas. That's why I cashed in 2/3's of my portfolio last year at the same time, and have done well out of it.
            Any advice based on last year as to when alt coins will start to pick up relative to BTC? What happened to alt coins last year after BTC corrected in January and started to recover?

Comment

The market is oversold now and then some
              Stochastic RSI way below 20 on my charts, no real sign of reversal yet.
              Can't believe that Crypto has dragged me into candlesticks and trading indicators - early last summer I thought a candlestick meant wax.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                Stochastic RSI way below 20 on my charts, no real sign of reversal yet.
                Can't believe that Crypto has dragged me into candlesticks and trading indicators - early last summer I thought a candlestick meant wax.
                Oversold or Overbought markets can remain in that state for a lot longer than people might think.

Comment

So whats with the big bounce there? Eth from $750 to 920$ in a few mins

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                    So whats with the big bounce there? Eth from $750 to 920$ in a few mins
                    America woke up.

Comment

The market is oversold now and then some. It should continue to $7.5k given the 'capitulation' that is happening in the market.
                      BitCoin has either no, or very little intrinsic value and I would say that it is impossible for anybody to value it.

Why is it worth $20k? $10k or even $1k? I cannot answer that question, I just don't know how to put a "fair" value on a BitCoin, so therefore I cannot tell whether its over or undersold.

Unlike a "real" asset, a "Share" pays a dividend, a "Bond" pays a coupon", "Fiat Cash" pays interest and you can easily convert it into material goods & services it doesn't look like you can actually do anything useful with a BitCoin accept hope that it goes up in value. And that's not a good strategy.

All investments are driven by sentiment to a certain degree but Bitcoin is driven by entirely by sentiment. What is going to happen to change the direction of travel? At the moment only negative stories are emerging. Bans in countries, fraud, Ponzi schemes and robberies ( how much was stolen from that exchange in Japan? $400m. The worlds biggest bank robbery by a factor of 10! )

All other assets have large government institutions behind them to try and arrest any slide. BitCoin does not.

I just don't see what is going to emerge to stop this current slide in the near term to medium term.

I firmly believe that predicting future prices is a mug's game and that anyone who makes any claims to know whats going to happen in the coming year is deluded. With that statement in mind. My prediction is $4k by the end of February. My prediction will, of course, be wrong. But whether it's too optimistic or pessimistic I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                      X