• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    This Bitfinex / Tether thing is really kicking off.

Siam Kidd has just gone 100% into FIAT (Euros). He's gambling on a 30% to 50% crash in the crypto market valuation over the next 2 to 3 months.
    I still don't get the market volatility - like, REALLY don't get it. There are dozens upon dozens of exchanges and currencies - how can one going belly up cause such a dramatic effect everywhere?

Comment

'ICO then immediate exit scam' by prodeum. Laughs for most, tears for those (very few) who invested in the crowdsale.

"Startup company Prodeum.io is about to revolutionize the fruit and vegetable industry with the use of Ethereum blockchain technology. The goal is to overhaul the Price Look-up (PLU) labeling process which is currently used solely for inventory and pricing purposes."

Some ICO shill tweets

The post ICO web site...

Comment

Geeks getting rinsed by three young women. Battle of the sexes never lets up an opportunity. Even though it's likely they were just paid to pose, they're now the face of the scam.

Awaiting photos of them swanning about in their lambos if they were involved more deeply.

On a more serious note, this is how the governments can trash the cryptospace. Take advantage of the unregulated 'wild west' to drive people to wanting more regulation and government control.

They'll need to ramp it up a bit though. Current impact of the potential Bitfinex Tether scam in the 'wild west':

Just another day in the new frontier. Wake me up when volatility is back to double figures. Until then "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining". Josey Wales is in the paddling pool looking to make waves.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Geeks getting rinsed by three young women. Battle of the sexes never lets up an opportunity. Even though it's likely they were just paid to pose, they're now the face of the scam.

Awaiting photos of them swanning about in their lambos if they were involved more deeply.

On a more serious note, this is how the governments can trash the cryptospace. Take advantage of the unregulated 'wild west' to drive people to wanting more regulation and government control.

They'll need to ramp it up a bit though. Current impact of the potential Bitfinex Tether scam in the 'wild west':

Just another day in the new frontier. Wake me up when volatility is back to double figures. Until then "don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining". Josey Wales is in the paddling pool looking to make waves.
          This isn't good for ICOs and cryptos - I hope they all get their comeuppance, like the bitconnect people. I saw on Reddit that people who were shilling it on Youtube are under investigation as well.

I'm mostly in £ now (sitting in Uphold GBP card), partly because of the tether/bitfiniex thing and also due to TDV call for next corrective leg in 1st 1/2 of Feb - advising to have some cash ready to buy. Only coins I have ATM are MUSIC (will take a day to sync desktop wallet so I can send to Bittrex ), NEO (Bittrex NEO wallet down again!) and LOC (bought ICO and only listed on 2 very dodgy exchanges I won't be signing up with any time soon).

Now I'd like to see BTC at $3k - but I'll take $7500-8 if that's all we get. What I really really want to see is a decent dip in the Stellars/Ripples/EOS etc. Oh and ETH can tank a bit as well.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Now I'd like to see ALL OF THE COINZ go to a dollar and then back to the moon at $20k;
            after I've invested thousands in each
            FTFY

I'm watching ETH during this suggested correction very, very closely. I think it's evolving into a bigger platform than just a currency, so each time there's a correction it's taking less of a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
              FTFY

I'm watching ETH during this suggested correction very, very closely. I think it's evolving into a bigger platform than just a currency, so each time there's a correction it's taking less of a hit.
              ETH has been pretty unstoppable over the last couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                ETH has been pretty unstoppable over the last couple of months.
                After doing a few deep dive sessions into the technology behind it and now knowing more of what it can achieve as a platform and not just a currency, I have no doubt it's going to be as big as, if not bigger than BTC. If BTC is the currency that laid the road for all the others, ETH is going to be the platform that lifts off into space.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  :Even though it's likely they were just paid to pose
                  Yes, allegedly the girls are totally innocent, hired via fiverr without any face-2-face
                  https://www.fiverr.com

A similar model on there 2day ...

About This Gig
                  Hi there!
                  I write your message in my body, hands, chest or arms.
                  I will take pictures with good light.
                  JPEG format.
                  Good resolution.
                  If you have any question please let me know
                  I WILL NOT DO:
                  not participate in anything with adult or inappropriate content.
                  £3.56 Order Details

Haha, loads of crypto stuff on there ...

"I Will Create A Bitcoin And Crypto Currency Exchange Website" .. £106.65
                  "I Will Develop A Bitcoin And Hyip Investment Website" .. £497.71
                  "I Will Provide Engaging Blockchain Ico Whitepaper" .. £270.19
                  "I Will Drive Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Investors To Your Website Or Ico" .. £56.88

Comment

Here's to my new life in Venezuela

Cost to mine one bitcoin, based on avg electricity rate

S Korea $26,170 (highest)
                    Germany $14,275
                    France $7,930
                    Japan $8,723
                    UK $8,402
                    Brazil $6,741
                    S Africa $5,948
                    Estonia $5,551
                    US $4,758
                    Russia $4,675
                    India $3,274
                    Venezuela $531 (lowest)

Eurasia Group

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                      Yes, allegedly the girls are totally innocent, hired via fiverr without any face-2-face
                      https://www.fiverr.com

A similar model on there 2day ...

About This Gig
                      Hi there!
                      I write your message in my body, hands, chest or arms.
                      I will take pictures with good light.
                      JPEG format.
                      Good resolution.
                      If you have any question please let me know
                      I WILL NOT DO:
                      not participate in anything with adult or inappropriate content.
                      £3.56 Order Details

Haha, loads of crypto stuff on there ...

"I Will Create A Bitcoin And Crypto Currency Exchange Website" .. £106.65
                      "I Will Develop A Bitcoin And Hyip Investment Website" .. £497.71
                      "I Will Provide Engaging Blockchain Ico Whitepaper" .. £270.19
                      "I Will Drive Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Investors To Your Website Or Ico" .. £56.88
                      Ok then....

Comment

Working...
                      X