• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whys verge gone mad? Up over 2500%. My $45 worth is going quite well.

I have sold a chunk mind. Probably bottled it but dont believe its not going to come crashing down.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

No idea. Got reported about in Forbes yesterday but that's after the 800% increase.
      I bought it almost flippantly after a 2 second chat with a mate who said he'd recently bought some. sold out now
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-all-his-coins

Comment

Saw this this morning as well. Doesn't seem to have affected the price though...not massively anyway
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

looks like aion just listed on binance....time for crazy gains?

Comment

I now have almost half a bitcoin - not bad for an investment of only about £1700. I think I've bought only about 0.2 - 0.3 worth, but a good chunk of it was buying ETH directly, so not sure exactly.

2 weeks ago I only had 0.25 though.

Comment

DOGE getting a good run. I bought at 28 in september sats. Won't be selling until it goes above 100.

Comment

Interesting for anyone (like me) who bought the XBT tracker at H-L during the summer. Done very well out of this already (£20K profit out of £10K I stuck in). Could be a nice little bonus...

A Bitcoin ‘Fork’, whereby a new cryptocurrency named Bitcoin Cash was spun off, took place on 1 August 2017. Following this Fork XBT has sold Bitcoin Cash coins for a USD value of $14,587,291.

The proceeds of this disposal, less costs, will be made available by XBT for the benefit of holders of its Bitcoin referenced Certificates at the opening of trading on 1 August 2017. In relation to the distribution XBT has announced the following:

“The Issuer reiterates that only those investors which held Certificates issued by it (and referenced to bitcoin) as at the opening of trading on August 1st, are eligible to make an application for a distribution. If a nominee held title on your behalf and you would wish for an application to be made, please contact such nominee: the Issuer cannot liaise on your behalf with such nominee. (Please also note that the Issuer can provide no assurance as to whether a nominee would be willing or able to comply with your request to make an application and will not be responsible should the nominee not do so).” (Source: XBT Issuer Announcement)

As the claim needs to be made by the registered holders of the underlying certificates we are currently investigating whether we will be able to claim this distribution on your behalf. We will contact you again once we have received further information in relation to this distribution.

Please note that a further Fork to create Bitcoin Gold took place on 24 October 2017. XBT is currently undertaking a 3 month review to analyse the success of this Fork and what, if any, value is created from it.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    So whys verge gone mad? Up over 2500%. My $45 worth is going quite well.

I have sold a chunk mind. I am sensibly taking profits before the crash.
                    FTFY

Congratulations! You can probably afford more than 1/2 a night away now. NLUK has some recommendations for you on where to go......

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Interesting for anyone (like me) who bought the XBT tracker at H-L during the summer. Done very well out of this already (£20K profit out of £10K I stuck in). Could be a nice little bonus...

A Bitcoin ‘Fork’, whereby a new cryptocurrency named Bitcoin Cash was spun off, took place on 1 August 2017. Following this Fork XBT has sold Bitcoin Cash coins for a USD value of $14,587,291.

The proceeds of this disposal, less costs, will be made available by XBT for the benefit of holders of its Bitcoin referenced Certificates at the opening of trading on 1 August 2017. In relation to the distribution XBT has announced the following:

“The Issuer reiterates that only those investors which held Certificates issued by it (and referenced to bitcoin) as at the opening of trading on August 1st, are eligible to make an application for a distribution. If a nominee held title on your behalf and you would wish for an application to be made, please contact such nominee: the Issuer cannot liaise on your behalf with such nominee. (Please also note that the Issuer can provide no assurance as to whether a nominee would be willing or able to comply with your request to make an application and will not be responsible should the nominee not do so).” (Source: XBT Issuer Announcement)

As the claim needs to be made by the registered holders of the underlying certificates we are currently investigating whether we will be able to claim this distribution on your behalf. We will contact you again once we have received further information in relation to this distribution.

Please note that a further Fork to create Bitcoin Gold took place on 24 October 2017. XBT is currently undertaking a 3 month review to analyse the success of this Fork and what, if any, value is created from it.
                      Apparently, looking at up to $328 per unit held. Looks like I had 70 units on 1/8 - I have since sold loads and down to 15 now - that was lucky. Could be another nice little lump into my pension.

Comment

Working...
                      X