• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Been out and about the last fews days skiing, enjoying life! Feels better not being glued to me screen day n day out, although not easy.

Glancing through the posts I noticed too many folks are following the dollar value of their investments. Which it's okay if paired with the dollar like Dash, ETC, XRP and whatnot, however if you're trading with alts paired with BTC then short and accumulate with the idea of selling at a future BTC value. This is exactly what I've been up to, it works.
    I don't think anyone is doing that.

Glad you had a good time away from the madness.

Comment

There's no question, I'm consumed with the whole thing. Have reached the stage where I can see if I do nothing then the portfolio will be in the multiple of millions by the end of 2018.

Good luck with that. I've only been in a few months and can see how crazy it can be. You must be tempted to cash out sometimes just in case though

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
        Some thought the bitcoin 'meltdown!' had liquidated you

I thought you had dissapeared and bought a villa in Monaco...
        I thought the men with guns had taken him away somewhere...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Good luck with that. I've only been in a few months and can see how crazy it can be. You must be tempted to cash out sometimes just in case though
          The last couple of weeks I've seen swings in the portfolio value equivalent to my annual income, something I now take in my stride.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But what are you going to do now that BTC is showing a marked move downwards? You holding or has it had it's day?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              But what are you going to do now that BTC is showing a marked move downwards? You holding or has it had it's day?
              A marked move downwards? the lowest it dropped was the level it was 5 days earlier.

These movements are nothing in the crypto world.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                A marked move downwards? the lowest it dropped was the level it was 5 days earlier.

These movements are nothing in the crypto world.
                But a 5 day downward trend? You don't think this is the start of a correction at the top of the peak? It seems very reminiscent of the peak of Affinity Internet Holdings (AIH) back in the dotcom bubble days.

Any of the other coins I'd agree.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But a 5 day downward trend? You don't think this is the start of a correction at the top of the peak? It seems very reminiscent of the peak of Affinity Internet Holdings (AIH) back in the dotcom bubble days.

Any of the other coins I'd agree.
                  Too early to tell. Seems more reminiscent of September when it went from a then all time high of 5k to less than 3k in a week or so.

Don't get me wrong, if I had as much as scooter, I'd have already taken a good chunk out as it got close to 20k.

Comment

The last couple of weeks I've seen swings in the portfolio value equivalent to my annual income, something I now take in my stride.
                    Scoots what are you holding now?

Comment

Am hold with all my might.

Bitcoin will explode in 2018. $20k a coin will seem cheap in the not to distant future. I'm no good a day trading and don't try.

Go Zencash! And Go Sia coin!! Finally.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X