• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like money is coming out of btc and into ripple.
    Shame it hit my take profit last night at about 0.80 as its shot up.... I think its too late for an entry for me.
    Lumens looks like its getting ready for a move up.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      What's going on with ripple? Have I missed some news of it being listed on coinbase or something?
      Correct.

Comment

BTC dam might be about to break - hold on to yer hats people...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          But a 5 day downward trend? You don't think this is the start of a correction at the top of the peak? It seems very reminiscent of the peak of Affinity Internet Holdings (AIH) back in the dotcom bubble days.

Any of the other coins I'd agree.
          Haven't heard any mention of head and shoulders - this is as head and shouldersy as it gets.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            oh yeah...watch it go.
            it's what the market needed though. should clear the air for 21k plus I hope
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Correct.
              there was news of coinbase? can't find it
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                Don't make the same mistake as me.

I had a decent sum invested in something high risk.

It fell 25%. The consensus was that it was just a correction, and the bull market would resume.

Then it was down 50%. Couldn't bring myself to sell.

It is currently down 80%, and I'm still holding hoping for a recovery.

Unless you don't consider BTC to be high risk, for god sake have a plan!

Do have a plan... cashing out towards the end of 2018.

Despite BTC falling from $20k to $14.5k, the portfolio is not much affected. The strategy of pairing with $ coins seems to be paying off. ETC in particular.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Yeah, kind of looks like it might drop to $9k. Which would be a 50% correction, certainly in the over sold area. The fall is self fulfilling now. Give it another 12 hours before considering buying back in.

In a good way I'd prefer a quick correction than one that drags out for months.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Yeah, kind of looks like it might drop to $9k. Which would be a 50% correction, certainly in the over sold area. The fall is self fulfilling now. Give it another 12 hours before considering buying back in.

In a good way I'd prefer a quick correction than one that drags out for months.
                    Order book is looking very thin on the buy side.

BTW another guru has started a pump and dump group. A guy called John McAfee. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there. McAfee's first call is ETN, which has since gone up 40%. I suppose it's all right if you're in the right group at the right time!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      Order book is looking very thin on the buy side.

BTW another guru has started a pump and dump group. A guy called John McAfee. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there. McAfee's first call is ETN, which has since gone up 40%. I suppose it's all right if you're in the right group at the right time!
                      ridiculous stuff like this, that mcaffee is always off his head on coke and cheap hookers whenever i have seen him on youtube.
                      Electroneum! WTF is this, not even a chart on tradingview.

This sort of stuff is going to be looked back on like the wild west, the big boys with influence swinging the market when they want, lots of insider trading, so so dodgy.

I read coinbase had some insider trading going on yesterday too with the staff knowing BCH was going on the exchange and timing things to line their pockets, then later on in the evening we had that t**t from BCH pumping his coin on CNBC, why did CNBC give this guy a platform like that and put a big shining light on BCC while he slated BTC.... Not good

I think regulation is desperately needed.

Advice to anyone considering getting in now - dont - like things settle a few days then reassess.
                      Last edited by Olly550; 21 December 2017, 17:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X