• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent View Post
    Out of interest, do they send back in Euro to any bank? How long does it take roughly to clear in the account

Thanks
    no, Deutsche Bank returned payment to them from coinbase.

Transferwise <> bitstamp works okay.

Ideally though Bisq is the best option if you don't need the money immediately. Peer-to-peer.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      Rip off why? Only just started looking at all this and suspect that the boat has already sailed
      Cause they charged me £30 for the sale at a rate nearly £300 from the market price. Even then once it's in GBP I could not transfer it until my UK account is verified, 2-3 business days.

I remember now why I left the coinbase UK account dormant for so long.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
        Scooter - you mentioned you had a bitcoin debit card, which one do you use?
        Bitstamp.

But there's a few now out there. MCO and PAY are two others of interest. Shop around, depending on your usage some deals are much better than others.. I've also ordered a MCO card, will report back on how that goes.

Comment

Glad I double downed on ripple, no sign of it slowing down. It's gone up so much, I'm now actaullactaully in profit vs BTC for the first time.

Cardano pumping right now too. Portfolio now at 2.3 times what I've put in.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            like the idea.
            @Encrypgen announces their preferred #Genetic testing vendor tomorrow at 9AM EST, along with a surprise 2nd part to the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Bitstamp.

But there's a few now out there. MCO and PAY are two others of interest. Shop around, depending on your usage some deals are much better than others.. I've also ordered a MCO card, will report back on how that goes.
              Cheers, will check them out. I'll hopefully cash out my original investment soon, so will try out a debit card and uphold.

Comment

did anyone else catch that spike in stellar just then?
                I know i said i wasn't day trading at the moment but if it's going to just hand me a pump....
                I hope you're not commuting right now

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I hope you're not commuting right now
                  Nope. Caught the full first spike and the last half of the second (picking son up form a party)
                  looks like classic head and shoulders with any luck...waiting for third spike
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Nope. Caught the full first spike and the last half of the second (picking son up form a party)
                    looks like classic head and shoulders with any luck...waiting for third spike
                    It'll probably do a ripple. There are no patterns when it's moving this fast.

Comment

is it calming down yet?
                      have had to plug into my router with a cable to avoid lag from wireless
                      Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 14 December 2017, 19:12.
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X