• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
    Anyone tried buying crypto with revolut. Seems neat. Can buy btc, eth and ltc direcly with fiat from the app, just top up revolut and buy. I upgraded to revolut premium this morning (about £70 for the year) as my 5k fx limit was reached, and with it I got access to the crypto feature. Will give it a go when one of the big 3 cryptos comes down a bit. You cant take the crypto off revolut though, so you have to hold/sell within the app. It would suit loads of bitcoin newbies who dont want to deal with exchanges or wallets.
    I was tempted to unlock this myself to give it a try. What do you mean about not being able to transfer off the revolut app? You can't transfer your coins to an exchange or alternative wallet?

Comment

My tuppence worth...

Think BTC is going to rally until $21k... At some risk, I put most of my portfolio from dollar back into bitcoin around $15.5k having sold at $13k. I was certain of a correction.

$21k will be the next opportunity for a major correction of up to 40%

It's all mad.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If this is true for 2018

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...er_idea_update

I'm not going to have $1m... I'll have $12-15m

HOLD
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Double win...stellar is going up and I now have tickets to see star wars next week
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            I was tempted to unlock this myself to give it a try. What do you mean about not being able to transfer off the revolut app? You can't transfer your coins to an exchange or alternative wallet?
            Nope, cant transfer the coins to an exchange or wallet, they have to sit within the revolut app or be exchanged against fiat or btc/etc/ltc within the app.
            I do like the sense of security of being able to have btc/eth/ltc and then back to fiat cash within minutes and then another few minutes via faster payments to bank account. These exchanges seem to have a bad rep for getting fiat out.
            Last edited by Olly550; 13 December 2017, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              If this is true for 2018

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...er_idea_update

I'm not going to have $1m... I'll have $12-15m

HODl
              FTFY
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Nope, cant transfer the coins to an exchange or wallet, they have to sit within the revolut app or be exchanged against fiat or btc/etc/ltc within the app.
                I do like the sense of security of being able to have btc/eth/ltc and then back to fiat cash within minutes and then another few minutes via faster payments to bank account. These exchanges seem to have a bad rep for getting fiat out.
                You can't move it to your own wallet? What's the use of a currency that you can't spend?

Comment

Bitcoin still dropping slowly. Looked to be in a wedge so i drew a few random lines on the chart and they match up.
                  The wedge has a point where it meats the previous support line from before the recent madness.

Be interesting to see if this plays out but I don't think it'll affect what I'm doing at the moment as I'm hoping Stellar will rocket before then and if it doesn't then it'll be too late anyway
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    You can't move it to your own wallet? What's the use of a currency that you can't spend?
                    Its a fenced system. You can send it to other revolut users.

Comment

Its a fenced system. You can send it to other revolut users.
                      Fenced as in used for stolen goods?

Comment

Working...
                      X