• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent View Post

Gets me thinking about how much social media and chatter effects the altcoin prices and if an indicator model could be built to incorporate this. Anyway, bit of googling and it turns out someone looked in to this in Aug 2016 with BTC, ETH and Ripple.

Makes interesting reading, I'll do some more searching but interested in anyone has looked into this or knows of an existing model / site that crawls this data and models it.
    Santiment has been setup to address this.

Objective is to create a Bloomberg style console to the crypto markets, but capitalising on data feeds from known publication sources, social networks etc etc.

Took a very profitable punt into their ICO and the product isn’t even launched yet.

Comment

I've been thinking about how different trading crypto is when compared to typical stocks and how they often don't perform against standard indicators. There was an article today by goldbug1 on tradingview about why Litecoin went up so much in the last 24 hours and his reasoning was heavy chatter and public awareness following an interview on CNBC in the US, article below;

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/LT...nt-has-Awoken/
      Absolutely. In fact the Palm beach dude uses this as one of his indicators, whereby we're messaged when social chatter crosses a boundary. Usually it's a coin we're already invested in.

Stellar in the newspaper in South Korea today - perhaps chatter will increase in the days ahead.

“민주ì*ì¸ 블록체인 기ìˆ*ë¡œ 개도êµ* êµ*민도 금융서비스 손쉽게 이용í•* 수 있ì£*” - 이투데이
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        I bought this Bitcoin ETF in my SIPP on 13/10/2017. It's down 7% and has been in the red since I bought it...
        Are you sure you didn't intend to buy one of these ETN trackers?

https://xbtprovider.com

You can put these in SIPPs, and they do accurately track BTC and ETH.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Absolutely. In fact the Palm beach dude uses this as one of his indicators, whereby we're messaged when social chatter crosses a boundary. Usually it's a coin we're already invested in.

Stellar in the newspaper in South Korea today - perhaps chatter will increase in the days ahead.

“민주ì*ì¸ 블록체인 기ìˆ*ë¡œ 개도êµ* êµ*민도 금융서비스 손쉽게 이용í•* 수 있ì£*” - 이투데이
          Stellar certainly did well yesterday. Tested what looks to be a decent resistance at about 930-940 on a couple of occassions. Unfortunately I sold out at 910 but managed to buy back in at 849.
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            Stellar certainly did well yesterday. Tested what looks to be a decent resistance at about 930-940 on a couple of occassions. Unfortunately I sold out at 910 but managed to buy back in at 849.
            Been in for a few days now, go in at 870, looking to get to 1120 for a small sell off then hopefully 1900 for the majority sell off, assuming Bitcoin doesn't do anything stupid..

Comment

Been in for a few days now, go in at 870, looking to get to 1120 for a small sell off then hopefully 1900 for the majority sell off, assuming Bitcoin doesn't do anything stupid..
              BTC is down slightly at the moment and I'm a little worried it's on a downward channel but even if it is then I'm sure it will recover.
              XLM seems to feel a bit different at the moment. They way it was resisting the drop in price after hitting 930 last night was not something I've seen with it before. Last time it tested that level it dropped much further much more quickly. Hopefully a good sign of continued upwards trend
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Nice to wake up and none of my stop limits have been hit.

Ripple still going strong. Hopefully to the moon. ETH at an all time high, Waves making steady progress and stellar holding strong.

Some smaller positions I've held for awhile also moving. LBRY and bitshares up 20% and 30%. Might be able to cash out something soon and still have a decent sum to trade with.

Comment

How is everyone (who is day trading) deciding what to go into on a certain day?
                  I try and look at hourly volume winners and then see if they've topped out on price before deciding whether to put some cash in.
                  I was thinking about buying the pro plan for coindera to get %age rise alerts so I can quickly see if something is shooting up

Comment

Anyone tried buying crypto with revolut. Seems neat. Can buy btc, eth and ltc direcly with fiat from the app, just top up revolut and buy. I upgraded to revolut premium this morning (about £70 for the year) as my 5k fx limit was reached, and with it I got access to the crypto feature. Will give it a go when one of the big 3 cryptos comes down a bit. You cant take the crypto off revolut though, so you have to hold/sell within the app. It would suit loads of bitcoin newbies who dont want to deal with exchanges or wallets.
                    Last edited by Olly550; 13 December 2017, 09:38.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      Stop day trading!!

You'll kick yourself if you miss out on a good pump.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X