• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    DLAVrov thinks LTC is good to go now too
    https://www.tradingview.com/chart/LT...y-Opportunity/
    yes, but only if it crosses the $100. Wait until it does.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      yes, but only if it crosses the $100. Wait until it does.
      I have an alert set for $100
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Impossible question, but here goes.

Anyone any thoughts on the likely long term stable price for BTC? By which I mean, the rollercoaster cannot continue indefinitely, at some point the market will reach a relatively stable equilibrium, but at what level. $1K? $10k?, $100K?

Small beer to the Masters of the Universe, but at this moment (checks price) my little investment of £900 in a mining contract is well past breakeven and generating about £8 per day 'free money'.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Looks like DASH is doing pretty well against USD at the moment. Not sure if it's just peaked and going down yet or if it is flagging and about to go up...watching closely for a clue
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

Anyone any thoughts on the likely long term stable price for BTC? By which I mean, the rollercoaster cannot continue indefinitely, at some point the market will reach a relatively stable equilibrium, but at what level. $1K? $10k?, $100K?

Small beer to the Masters of the Universe, but at this moment (checks price) my little investment of £900 in a mining contract is well past breakeven and generating about £8 per day 'free money'.
            Now that bitcoin has shown it can clear $10k.. the media attention, let me tell you this... 2018 will be the mother of bull runs. You might think you've missed out, but really it's just beginning. Wait until the correction is over, firstly.

Then make a plan and stick to it. Don't do emotional trading.

My plan is very simple, coin accumulation. I cashed out of Stellar at the top, put it into dollars, now I'm waiting until the correction is over and buy many more coins before December 12th.

2019 is the exit for me, maybe even before at this rate.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

I don't think anyone can possibly say for some time. I reckon it will be a few years before this market settles down to anything resembling normal. I agree with scooter, next year will be another wild ride. I believe in blockchain but I think this is like the .com boom of the 90s more than any other bubble.

Back then, there were people setting up websites and getting investment in because they had basic website and no business model. When it collapsed it was a bloodbath, but it didn't kill the internet and the companies who survived are much stronger now than they were then. Think Amazon, ebay and payapal. The .com industry is stronger than ever.

Bitcoin might not emerge as king at the end of it, but if blockchain's value is based on the concept of digital trust, I think there's something in being the oldest, longest chain with the biggest network, so is best placed to become the digital equivalent of gold as a long term store of value (if it happens).

My big prediction is that Ethereum will be the biggest casualty at the end of it. A brilliant concept, but I don't see the probelms it has with scaleability being solved without endless hard forks. Something new and better needs to replace it.

Comment

We haven't heard anything from the naysayers for a while...kinda nice

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  We haven't heard anything from the naysayers for a while...kinda nice
                  They must not be feeling the pain of missing out now that's in a correction
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

LTC/DASH/ETH all have very similar breakout patterns. I'm trading them on Uphold with my 'GBP card'
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      LTC/DASH/ETH all have very similar breakout patterns. I'm trading them on Uphold with my 'GBP card'
                      Yep. Got alerts on all of them to see who breaks first
                      Eth at 440
                      DASH at 700 (think it's in a downwards wedge now)
                      LTC at 100 (based on speculation by DLavrov)

Hopefully one then the other then the other with a transfer of funds between them in the mean time

ripple is in a nice upwards channel as well...although a bit shallow

and hopefully BTC is about to bounce off resistance (what I think might be the resistance of the channel anyway)
                      Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 8 December 2017, 13:37.

Comment

Working...
                      X