• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    bought a three figured amount the other night

looking to short, I smell greed coming in... watch this.
    At what level do you see the top of the curve? Just started a downturn now by the look of it

EDIT
    Actually looks to be in a cup and handle formation if I zoom out slightly on the timescale
    Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 22 November 2017, 09:50.
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

looking to short around the $600 mark - think that'll be the next resistance
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        EDIT
        Actually looks to be in a cup and handle formation if I zoom out slightly on the timescale
        agree

0.06820657 - 0.110 ?

Fasten your seat belts then. This could be $800-900 in the next few days.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

so about 0.070-0.075 based on where BTC is at the moment
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Now there's over $1.2m trying to buy in. Looks like a cup - come on handle

Comment

Should people be wondering what we're talking about when referring to cup and handle.

Now you can short at the cup edge for some immediate gain before the breakout, but you need nerves of steel. Will consider. Agree the edge of the cup should be 0.07 mark then dip to 0.06 or less before break out.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Should people be wondering what we're talking about when referring to cup and handle.

Now you can short at the cup edge for some immediate gain before the breakout, but you need nerves of steel. Will consider. Agree the edge of the cup should be 0.07 mark then dip to 0.06 or less before break out.

Seems to be lots of people waiting to sell up to about 0.069 so that ties in nicely

Comment

Looks to be a big batch of orders waiting to buy at about 0.065..reckon it'll bounce then

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    Seems to be lots of people waiting to sell up to about 0.069 so that ties in nicely
                    It is true - however that's caught me out in the past. One can be forgiven that a sell wall = a price correction, however 9/10 times the opposite happens. Buyers meet the sellers in the middle, transfer the money bags, and the price keeps rising.

I might ride out the mini correction before handle, playing with a few grand okay go for it. Playing with a few hundred thousand makes me hands sweaty.

Comment

I'm only playing with 1 coin so it's wait until it's at the top for me rather than try and catch the drop.
                      This trading stuff is rather good...spending more time doing this than working

EDIT:
                      When I say doing this...I actually mean staring at the non-moving charts which are set at 30 min intervals
                      Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 22 November 2017, 11:17.

Comment

Working...
                      X