• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why is that important? Remember crypto 'addresses' are just that, addresses with no name or physical ID attached. Anyone in possession of the address can withdraw the assets.
    Tax evasion is important.

Blockchain is public, so as soon as withdrawal is made via one of the "exchanges", all past operations will be visible to HMRC and they'll be able to put out tax demand, most likely at "income tax levels"

Comment

Indeed it is. But who says it was me that made the withdrawal?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Indeed it is. But who says it was me that made the withdrawal?
        Well, that's easy - once "exchanges" are busted for money laundering, law enforcement agencies will share ID of those who bought/sold "coins" linked to the "wallets", and since blockchain shows ALL transactions it will be easy for HMRC/IRS to establish monetary value of tax evasion, double it up for good measure as penalty, add hefty interest on top.

By that point the value of "coins" will be next to zero since it won't be possible to actually sell it for real money, BUT your tax liability will be easily calculated based on easily identifiable transactions - they can treat all your incoming "coins" as income

Comment

If a legal entity say on the channel islands sold my bitcoins and kept the fiat equivalent, what's that got to do with me?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If a legal entity say on the channel islands sold my bitcoins and kept the fiat equivalent, what's that got to do with me?
            As soon as you get your hands on the money from your "entity" (dividends or liquidation or "loan"), then it will have everything to do with you.

Comment

Ah you're making the assumption I'm going to get my hands on the money. I've no intention. They're other ways to become a beneficiary than accepting cash.

Comment

Ah you're making the assumption I'm going to get my hands on the money. I've no intention. They're other ways to become a beneficiary than accepting cash.
                Inheritance?

Comment

One possible exit.

Comment

One possible exit.

So crypto is the best way for evading tax right? Can use a company to pour money in the coins then another entity will get the capital gain in Monaco, Channel Island, Middle East... etc can't wait to make my first million from crypto

Comment

So Scoot how is the Ether investment going? You must be up shed loads. That baby is breaking all barriers, next Bitcoin for sure eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X