• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Without the internet far less would be reported. Overall the effects are beneficial.
    True but these 6000 cases are directly linked to internet use. We are not talking overall by all means just by the use of the internet, number which seems to be going up every year.

We all know this is due to parents lack of technology understanding, giving kids tablets, phones, laptops etc without any kind of parental control or security. You actually have to set up a proper user on the machine, implement user control etc... not many people know how to do this.

For tablets I would say need some form of App installed but unfortunately tablets and phones don't have user control like PCs (as far as I know). The kid can just uninstall the app without any security restrictions.

Comment

See you can blow your sipp pension pot on bitcoin now. If ur with h-l.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Worth a few quid as long as you consider it high risk IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          See you can blow your sipp pension pot on bitcoin now. If ur with h-l.
          BTC is slowly going up, now in the $2200 range and has been there. That's the thing, they always hit a peak and go back down but the down will always be more than whatever you started at. Buying at $1400 a few weeks ago would have been great but again you looking at around £5k probably £10k to start with. They are all going up again slowly.

My only concern and I have been putting it off is the worry that when you do want to cash out at peak times due to great rates you won't be able to. Even if you sell when it stabilizes you will still make a killing I guess considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
            My only concern and I have been putting it off is the worry that when you do want to cash out at peak times due to great rates you won't be able to. Even if you sell when it stabilizes you will still make a killing I guess considering.
            Getting a little fed up saying this..

bitstamp

https://www.bitstamp.net

I can change my bitcoins at the EUR or USD market rate plus or minis a few cents. Fees dirt cheap too. When I order the trade usually occurs in under 30 seconds.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Getting a little fed up saying this..

bitstamp

https://www.bitstamp.net

I can change my bitcoins at the EUR or USD market rate plus or minis a few cents. Fees dirt cheap too. When I order the trade usually occurs in under 30 seconds.

Hmmmmm
              Last edited by Drei; 1 June 2017, 22:05.

Comment

Well, I bought a load about 10 days ago (BTC, XMR, XRP, LTC, DOGE, SIA, REDD) - £500 or so just to start.

Was initially a bit dismayed becasue I lost probably 40% in a few days.

BUT, Im back in profit now - mainly due to REDD and SIA going great guns. And BTC continues to rise.

Comment

I bought £100 worth of bitcoin and converted it to Ethereum on Thursday. After the charges for buying it, sending it to my wallet and then converting it, it ended up as about £85 worth of Ether.

It's now £92 ish worth of Ether, so hopefully I'll be in profit by the end of the week.

Comment

Cryptocurrency

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    I bought £100 worth of bitcoin and converted it to Ethereum on Thursday. After the charges for buying it, sending it to my wallet and then converting it, it ended up as about £85 worth of Ether.

It's now £92 ish worth of Ether, so hopefully I'll be in profit by the end of the week.
                    I just opened my wallet and there are quite a few Moths in it.

If I convert the Moths to Pocket fluff, and then over to Crumpled fuel receipts I should be quids in...
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post

Ether was one of the main ones I didnt do.

Comment

Working...
                      X