• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to get into this, signed up to kraken and I'm still not verified after about 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      Wanted to get into this, signed up to kraken and I'm still not verified after about 5 days.
      Took me about two weeks or so to get $25k approved. I was going to send money to Kraken but using SEPA my understanding is that it takes about 48 working hours which would have made the whole Saturday purchase pointless (I was going to send the money on Friday). If you go via SWIFT you actually get charged by Kraken for the privilege. Pretty much any transfer/exchange charges you a fee.

You pretty much have to send £1000 to Kraken or more if you intend to trade with more and leave it in their wallet until you do decide to use it for purchases. Even then from what I see you don't necessary get what you pay for because you gotta put a buy order. This means that someone else can see your order then put another order at 0.0000001p extra. Some people said that trade botting is happening. This would make it a pain in the ass for us to actually buy stuff when it is cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
        Took me about two weeks or so to get $25k approved. I was going to send money to Kraken but using SEPA my understanding is that it takes about 48 working hours which would have made the whole Saturday purchase pointless (I was going to send the money on Friday). If you go via SWIFT you actually get charged by Kraken for the privilege. Pretty much any transfer/exchange charges you a fee.

You pretty much have to send £1000 to Kraken or more if you intend to trade with more and leave it in their wallet until you do decide to use it for purchases. Even then from what I see you don't necessary get what you pay for because you gotta put a buy order. This means that someone else can see your order then put another order at 0.0000001p extra. Some people said that trade botting is happening. This would make it a pain in the ass for us to actually buy stuff when it is cheaper.

I've only done stage 2 verification, which is only $2000 deposit limit (i think). Don't want add more than that yet, just want to throw a grand or so in there to play with.

Comment

OK so I got it.

I find it really hard supporting this.
          I'm sure someone once made a similar argument on the first days of the internet. I'd like to think the benefits out way the negatives.

Indeed, the UK will not legislate the use of euthanasia because of potential misuse so others now suffer needlessly. Horribly cruel.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I'm sure someone once made a similar argument on the first days of the internet. I'd like to think the benefits out way the negatives.

Indeed, the UK will not legislate the use of euthanasia because of potential misuse so others now suffer needlessly. Horribly cruel.
            The latter is to do with religion the former is to do with government ignorance - you heard Amber Rudd after the NHS feck up?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How does religion facilitate dying with dignity?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There was a documentary about the creation of the internet. Quite interesting.

I love the internet. My kids becoming pasty, not going outside to play, immune system going down hill, radiation from Wi-Fi and mobile devices causing cancer, free pr0n, easy ways for pedos to pray on victims, easy way for scammers to pray on victims, easy way for pervs and criminals to pray on victims, easy way to bully people, easy way to portrait wrong images, great way to provide today's young and vulnerable with all the bad role models, not reading a book anymore, kids unable to write a sentence, bad hand writing, research in libraries and actual work no longer performed, list goes on and on. What is the benefit again??? Free pr0n me thinks.

I do miss the simpler times but what do I know.

Comment

Bitcoin seems to be steady now at around $2200 but ETH is killing it, dip then back up to over $220.

Comment

Talk about the benefits of the internet. Today I read in the papers that child sexual abuse linked to the internet has doubled since last year to around 6000 reported incidents (abuse, grooming etc), youngest one at 3 years old. I don't even want to think about the unreported ones.

Like I said.... great ideas often get misused for much greater evil. The very government you are trying to stick it to is pretty much the only thing between those monsters and everyone else. Unfortunately they are losing the battle due to this whole "brave new world".

Comment

Talk about the benefits of the internet. Today I read in the papers that child sexual abuse linked to the internet has doubled since last year to around 6000 reported incidents (abuse, grooming etc), youngest one at 3 years old. I don't even want to think about the unreported ones.

Like I said.... great ideas often get misused for much greater evil. The very government you are trying to stick it to is pretty much the only thing between those monsters and everyone else. Unfortunately they are losing the battle due to this whole "brave new world".
                      Without the internet far less would be reported. Overall the effects are beneficial.

Comment

Working...
                      X