• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I assume there will be a dead cat bounce somewhere near the bottom where people pile in at what they perceive to be the bottom. It's history repeating itself here
    The best indicator of a dead cat bounce is when scootie calls the "forever bottom" (or "the MF" in trader jargon).
    Last edited by jamesbrown; 19 May 2021, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      https://theodoregreenbaum.medium.com...f-55303bbd7a23

"They are digitally counterfeiting US dollars without any capacity to redeem them for their customers, and those make-believe dollars have been the primary driving force behind the enormous crypto bull run we’ve seen so far in 2021."

If true

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I assume there will be a dead cat bounce somewhere near the bottom where people pile in at what they perceive to be the bottom. It's history repeating itself here
        Well we're only -25% again now, up from -45%. A few brave people made a mint, most brave people lost their shirt. I'll wait a bit
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

""If all of Tether’s clients tried to cash out at once, a maximum of 2.94% would be able to redeem their digital dollars for real dollars, which is probably why the company has changed their Terms of Service to say that they have no obligation to redeem issued Tethers for real dollars."

Last edited by AtW; 19 May 2021, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Well we're only -25% again now, up from -45%. A few brave people made a mint, most brave people lost their shirt. I'll wait a bit
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

This stuff goes up and down like penny stocks, rather than a $2 trillion market.

I guess that's what you get when most of the players are under 30 and hopeless gamblers.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Is it time to buy in yet? What does Master Scooty say?

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  I guess that's what you get when most of the players are under 30 and hopeless gamblers.
                  There's also a very strong demand from bunker-bound, conspiracy-peddling, backwoods-dwelling, thick-as-mince, cryptocretins who are over the age of 30.

Comment

Are cryptobankers jumping out of windows yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

There's also a very strong demand from bunker-bound, conspiracy-peddling, backwoods-dwelling, thick-as-mince, cryptocretins who are over the age of 30.
                      Old people: Buy this dividend stock son, it's been around 50 years and deliver 3% compounded growth pa. In 40 years it will pay for your retirement
                      Gen Z: Ok boomer, how about you stick your boring boomer stock, and instead I put just $1000 into crypto/SPAC/NFT and haz Lambo in 3 weeks?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X