• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Anyone here holding BABB / BAX?

BABB have made it very difficult to sell the coins (and of course they were very easy to buy on launch...). On their app they allow you to transfer BAX to ETH they only offer you half the actual value in ETH. Thought of transferring my BAX to another exchange but it's not widely traded and Kucoin is the only "large" exchange to do it on, but I haven't use this before.

BABB are not responding to my emails to their Support team.

Seems to be (yet another) crypto scam.
    I got out of there a long time ago (for a small profit). Too much spending on parties in Canary Wharf and not enough on development.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

I got out of there a long time ago (for a small profit). Too much spending on parties in Canary Wharf and not enough on development.
      How did you get out / sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

I'm still holding and waiting for it to pump a bit before offloading it, If you don't want to use Kucoin you can use Uniswap or another ETH based DEX. You'll have to import the contract address into your wallet:

0x9a0242b7a33dacbe40edb927834f96eb39f8fbcb

I think it will pump a bit - nothing to do with the project but as a general alt season pump.

The problem is that none of that made any sense to me.

Comment

How did you get out / sell?
          Sold ages ago. Even made a small profit ISTR. No issues at the time.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Sold ages ago. Even made a small profit ISTR. No issues at the time.
            Not ample profit?

Comment

The problem is that none of that made any sense to me.
              BAX is an ERC-20 token which lives on the Ethereum blockchain
              The only centralised exchange you can trade BAX on at the moment is Kucoin. If you don't want to set up an account with them you can trade it on a decentralised exchange (DEX)
              a DEX is where you can just connect a compatible wallet (Metamask/Trustwallet) and trade one token for another without setting up an account, no KYC.
              The biggest/most popular DEX on Ethereum is Uniswap
              You won't find BAX listed in the default list of available tokens to trade on Uni so you'll have to add it by creating a custom token and adding the token's contract address to your wallet - which for BAX is:

0x9a0242b7a33dacbe40edb927834f96eb39f8fbcb

You can double check it here as well:

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/babb

If you do go the DEX route just be aware that transaction (GAS) fees on Ethereum right now are ridiculous and could make it not worthwhile, however sending it to Kucoin will require ridiculous GAS fees as well.

I'm going to hold on to my BAX for now, I'm hoping it will go up with everything else (it already has quite a bit) in the current bull cycle. I don't think they're any kind of scam, but I don't think they are the game changer with a banking license everyone thought they would be back in 2017 either. Unfortunately in 2021 they are not a hot DeFi or NFT project. I might just hang on to them for a while longer and if they have another Canary Wharf party I'm there, I enjoyed the last one
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

https://www.cityam.com/one-bitcoin-p...next-ethereum/

Kraken CEO Jesse Powell says the value of Bitcoin is rising so quickly that it might be easier to measure its price against supercars rather than the dollar.

Powell, head of one of the oldest cryptocurrency exchanges, suggested Bitcoin (BTC) could be the same price as a Lamborghini before 2021 is over, and worth more than a Bugatti in 2022.

Speaking on Bloomberg TV, the cryptocurrency veteran also tipped Polkadot (DOT) to be the next Ethereum.
                I will HODL until I own a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Are precious metals dead now? Superseded by bitcoin?

The Reddit crowd are banging on about a possible silver boom, like there was in the 1970s, but it's been a terrible investment over the past 10 years.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Physical silver contracts could be great if Covid mutates into a virus that turns humans into vampires.

Comment

"Coinbase Global, Inc. Class A Common Stock (COIN)

370.79+120.79 (+48.31%)"
                      Market Cap 96.367B
                      https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/COIN?guccounter=1

Comment

Working...
                      X