• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Funny looking back at all your calls, to the moon. Also funny when challenged, you only ever make "a small loss" on the 95% you get wrong, and make "six figure profits" on the 5% you get right.

What a hero you are.
    Funny how he never answers points regarding specific posts when he's wrong, preferring to deflect and pretend he made money somewhere else.

Looking at those old posts he's claiming to be on the way to be making hundreds of thousands, and yet he gets all gung-ho about a few grand made over 3 1/2 month on Centrica
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Whether be a penny or pound, it's a win. Investing rule 101, sell high, buy low.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Whether be a penny or pound, it's a win. Investing rule 101, sell high, buy low.
        Risk reward?

I put £100K into an investment with no idea about stop losses or exit plan if the trade goes against me. Six months, I'm £50K down, and then the price recovers and I make £10 profit.

I risked £100K for 6 months with 50% open drawdown to make £10.

In your child like mind, that would make you a winner.

Comment

The is where you make critical mistake - you are not actually down if you don’t sell - so the real question is how much richer you’ll become and when.

And if you use 3x leverage you’ll only make 100 euro loss, ever.

Comment

Awesome isn't it? Never to need to pay taxes of these losses either.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Awesome isn't it? Never to need to pay taxes of these losses either.
              And certainly no taxes due on profits.

Comment

March 16, 2020
                $4,974/bitcoin

March 19, 2020
                $5,863/bitcoin
                "You'all had yer chance.... yeh be warned, now we have lift off", scootscot, this forum, page 789

August 1, 2020
                $11,615/bitcoin
                "Bitcoin Hits $11.6K for First Time in a Year as Traders Expect $15K
                The lackluster amount of liquidations in the futures market suggests that it is likely the spot and options market catalyzing the rally" - cointelegraph.com

Comment

And why is bitcoin going up suddenly, increase in demand from whom?

Garmin perhaps?

Cybercriminals definately don't like to get paid ransoms in fiat.

Comment

Anyone left shorting crypto with the current bull market?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      Anyone left shorting crypto with the current bull market?
                      Bitcoin is going to the sky...
                      gen z and millenials are piling in with the current climate and distrust of governments around the world. It is just a question of time...

on the other hand people are struggling to make ends meet and selling crypto for fiat to cover their monthly expenses...

On the long term it will get more clear. But I would say the market has not had so strong fundamentals in a while... and I was a non-believer.

Comment

Working...
                      X