• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so annoyed. binance completely hung on me while trying to sell at 940
    ended up cashing out at 800 ...still...better than a kick in the teeth
    onwards and upwards...my 0.02BTC I used is now more than double that
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

it's on the up again
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        I'm so annoyed. binance completely hung on me while trying to sell at 940
        ended up cashing out at 800 ...still...better than a kick in the teeth
        onwards and upwards...my 0.02BTC I used is now more than double that

this is the thing, your 0.02BTC which is what, at 14,000GBP/BTC then it's around 280GBP

you're all dabbling in this with peanuts

has anybody got any real money in there, anybody in there with say a 50k gbp pot ?

You're not going to retire on 280GBP and even if 280GBP goes up 1000x

1000 x 280GBP = 280,000GBP, you're still not going to retire on that

so even if you'd got in @1000GBP / BTC with a 1000GBP investment, all you'd have now is 14,000GBP

again, you're not going to retire on that.

People here mention having skin in the game, from what I can see all you've got in the game is dandruff

Anyway, good luck.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          this is the thing, your 0.02BTC which is what, at 14,000GBP/BTC then it's around 280GBP

has anybody got any real money in there, anybody in there with say a 50k gbp pot ?

so even if you'd got in @1000GBP / BTC with a 1000GBP investment, all you'd have now is 14,000GBP

People here mention having skin in the game, from what I can see all you've got in the game is dandruff

Anyway, good luck.

Milan.
          So much wrong with this post.

Comment

Anyway, good luck.

Milan.
            What part of 'don't put in more than you can afford to lose' - do you not understand?

Everyone has to start somewhere and make their portfolio grow

Someone said their target was a house deposit, some a holiday, some retirement - everyone has different means and different targets and so, their strategy may be different as well as their initial amount.....

it seems that you're sneering at those in the game for not putting enough in to retire and yet, you said earlier you're still not in the game?
            Why not stick to your 'research threads' - if this comment is all you have to offer
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
              it's on the up again
              I think that was just a mini break out and correction. I've seen similar happen a few times, need to have the nerves to hodl for a bit longer as it's not unlikely we'll see it back at that price later this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                What part of 'don't put in more than you can afford to lose' - do you not understand?

Everyone has to start somewhere and make their portfolio grow

Someone said their target was a house deposit, some a holiday, some retirement - everyone has different means and different targets and so, their strategy may be different as well as their initial amount.....

it seems that you're sneering at those in the game for not putting enough in to retire and yet, you said earlier you're still not in the game?
                Why not stick to your 'research threads' - if this comment is all you have to offer

ok I'll put it differently,is everyone in there with pocket change or is anybody in there with a serious chunk of change

anyway, you're right it doesn't matter

Milan.

Comment

ok I'll put it differently,is everyone in there with pocket change or is anybody in there with a serious chunk of change

anyway, you're right it doesn't matter

Milan.
                  I'll reiterate;

If you still don't get it;
                  What amount is a 'serious chunk of change' (for you) that you could afford to lose? £1k, £5k, £10k, £50k, £100k ?

Everyone has different circumstances, means and strategies. Somebody put in £2k, someone else 4 days billing rate, someone else £10k

Oh and if you offered the average Joe, to turn £1000 into £14000 in a year, you would have your hand bitten off
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    I'll reiterate;

If you still don't get it;
                    What amount is a 'serious chunk of change' (for you) that you could afford to lose? £1k, £5k, £10k, £50k, £100k ?

Everyone has different circumstances, means and strategies. Somebody put in £2k, someone else 4 days billing rate, someone else £10k

Oh and if you offered the average Joe, to turn £1000 into £14000 in a year, you would have your hand bitten off

He's turning his nose up at a 1000x return on investment. Don't feed the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                      He's turning his nose up at a 1000x return on investment. Don't feed the troll.

Afternoon FrontEnder,

the 1000x investments ended when BTC went through 17U$D

Note, we're talking 1000x not 1000%

Anyway as has already been pointed out, this conversation is irrelevant

Good luck with the trading all

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X