• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    good luck traders

Milan.
    You might get a buy opportunity soon...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Going to be a very interesting day today. I've taken a gamble and moved 50% of my holding to BCH... Looking for a quick double up when trading comes back online with Coinbase.

I do worry that BTC is gonna take a serious hit, I heard rumors that BCH may replace BTC at some point as the main crypto currency, is this the beginning of the end for Bitcoin..?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        You might get a buy opportunity soon...

thanks, I won't be buying just watching

and good luck

Milan.
        Last edited by milanbenes; 20 December 2017, 08:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
          Going to be a very interesting day today. I've taken a gamble and moved 50% of my holding to BCH... Looking for a quick double up when trading comes back online with Coinbase.

I do worry that BTC is gonna take a serious hit, I heard rumors that BCH may replace BTC at some point as the main crypto currency, is this the beginning of the end for Bitcoin..?
          Heard the same myself. Got me thinking last night, why is Bitcoin valued so highly when there at tons of other crypto coins that are doing a similar thing like BCH for a tenth of the price... What is its uniqueness compared to say BCH apart from first to market, hence it really shouldnt be valued at 20k. BCH could be going the same way, then everyone will jump to Bitcoin hold or LTC.... Yes it all looks a bit silly but if your smart enough to play it well and spot the signs you could really do well, regardless of the long termness of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            and how much do I want to punt ? 1k gbp not worth the hassle, 10k gbp ok, but then all that hassle about learning how to trade it and exit it, and then having to baby sit it, just if I am lucky to maybe dabble yer manneeee is it worth it ?
            That's the dilemma. Bet peanuts and it's not worth the bother.

Bet a significant % of net worth and watching it could become an unhealthy obsession. Also, sod's law of investing says the bigger the punt the more likely it'll be a loser.

I learned the latter from bitter experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
              Heard the same myself. Got me thinking last night, why is Bitcoin valued so highly when there at tons of other crypto coins that are doing a similar thing like BCH for a tenth of the price... What is its uniqueness compared to say BCH apart from first to market, hence it really shouldnt be valued at 20k. BCH could be going the same way, then everyone will jump to Bitcoin hold or LTC.... Yes it all looks a bit silly but if your smart enough to play it well and spot the signs you could really do well, regardless of the long termness of it all.
              Having the largest network and longest/oldest proof of work chain.

Hard forks of the bitcoin chain are an attempt to cash in on it's success. BCash was created and backed by Roger Ver, who is a bit unstable to say the least. Here he is losing it in a live debate because the guy was calling in BCash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX9sNPMQEyg

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
                I'm reading the similar stuff, BTC in itself is not fit for purpose and there seems to be an attempt to replace it with BCH which is faster, cheaper and can handle more transactions. I see BTC as more symbolic and like gold as an investment vehicle. People on reddit are up in arms aver this saying the banks etc are coordinating and coinbase has been 'compromised' to make bitcoin cash the new bitcoin...

I'm watching DASH, Ripple, Stellar - 100% out of BTC and still waiting for my ETH transaction (from Nano to uphold) to be confirmed...

All that being said $15600 seems to be holding but the trend shape has changed from non volatile to unclean volatile after $17120-17500 area failed to provide support (DLavrov and other's buy areas). Could even be painting a right shoulder if this area now acts as resistance (4h chart).
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Looks like it was jst a bit of a blip, BTC back up oveer the last couple of hours. I had everything in alts overnight anyway and looks like they've all done alright. Monero in particular did well agaisnt BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                    That's the dilemma. Bet peanuts and it's not worth the bother.

Bet a significant % of net worth and watching it could become an unhealthy obsession. Also, sod's law of investing says the bigger the punt the more likely it'll be a loser.

I learned the latter from bitter experience.
                    Buy and hodl some of the bigger alts - Litecoin, ripple, dash. stellar. A few hundred quid in each could be a nice earner in a year or so. Look for the ones that have the tech, capacity, low fees and resilience to match/replace Swift/Visa etc.

Comment

not sure whats going on with XVG at the moment but I randomly bought into it yesterday and it's gone up massively!
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X