• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post #2000

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm wondering when you're gong to get into this Crypto game or are you going for be Drei on steroids by the end of 2018?
      By end of 2018 I might issue me own SKACoins

Comment

might be wrong...but I think we're still above the channel line that started at about 12pm...might be about to lift off again
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yep I meant from the forex/cfd angle of shorting, where you dont actually own the underlying asset but just take a position/bet on the price falling, if it goes your way the cfd platform will pay you the pips/points in your direction, if it goes against you then you lose your risked amount, but you never actually own the bitcoin/crypto.

I think yours is the real way of shorting, actually owning the coin and selling up hoping it will fall, then buying again when it does. In this situation you actually have to own the coin, whereas with cfd's you dont own anything so you can just bet against it falling without ever buying it then selling it in the first place.

Sent 2 euro in kraken earlier (revolut>euros>sepa transfer to kraken) as a test to see if it arrives, when it does arrive tomorrow im going to put a £1000 in equivalent euros in and see how this goes.
            Any tips on what to splash it on? I think its got to be bitcoin first as cant buy alt coins with cash, then I can use the bitcoin to get in on some other coins but not sure which exchange to use for the alt coins.

Time to watch united
            Last edited by Olly550; 5 December 2017, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
              Any tips on what to splash it on? I think its got to be bitcoin first as cant buy alt coins with cash, then I can use the bitcoin to get in on some other coins but not sure which exchange to use for the alt coins.
              Safe bets for the coming weeks:

OMG, PIVX, LSK
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                might be wrong...but I think we're still above the channel line that started at about 12pm...might be about to lift off again
                hope so - will wait until the morning!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  hope so - will wait until the morning!
                  Looks like a double top or a head and shoulders...currently being battled over which way it will break.
                  Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 5 December 2017, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Post #2000
                    Oh yeah - well done!
                    Perhaps you could step outside into the world with people and life?
                    Oh, wait - much better to just sit at home and pretend CUK is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      Looks like a double top or a head and shoulders...currently being battled over which way it will break.

If it breaks towards 1300, I'm out. And I'm thinking I'll put it in dollars too if bitcoin has not corrected by then.

It seems to me Stellar is overbought, you be mad to buy into it now. The question is... how long do you remain before it returns to the trend line, which will be between 600-700 sats.

Comment

Working...
                      X