• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Developer Timekeeping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    OP - so are you this guys PM or manager or just another team member?!
    He's the carpark attendant.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Just to update on this thread from last week...

Said developer has been spoken to has agreed to be in the office earlier when required, no issues. Simple discussion simply resolved.

So those who said this was a case of micro management and questioned OPs intelligence, sadly way of the mark in this instance. Enjoy the humble pie.
      So you can't explain why you need a meeting at 8.30am. You can't explain why the other developers can't work until you have this meeting. You can't explain the lack of communication within the team. I'm guessing you have demotivated the contractor by making him change his hours. There is a good chance now that the contractor will jump ship at the next offer of a decent contract, taking his knowledge with him that the team seem to rely on so much.

Pretty piss poor day at the office for you.

Comment

Loads of people there to see you turn up at 10am. Not a soul in sight to see you leave at 8pm.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Loads of people there to see you turn up at 10am. Not a soul in sight to see you leave at 8pm.
          And this is a big deal because?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Everyone loves working with the class snitch, it's great for team morale. That and the team huddles, of course.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Everyone loves working with the class snitch, it's great for team morale. That and the team huddles, of course.
              Eat humble pie damn you - you know Kaiser78 is right. Remember "You will respect my authoritah!"
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                And this is a big deal because?
                I didn't say it was, it was merely an observation of the 8-4:30 crew who don't realise how long people often stay.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Eat humble pie damn you - you know Kaiser78 is right. Remember "You will respect my authoritah!"
                  Alright then, if I have to...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Kaiser is NAT? Noooooo, I liked Kaiser.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      I didn't say it was, it was merely an observation of the 8-4:30 crew who don't realise how long people often stay.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X