• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I thought that Job Seekers Allowance was paid to those who were seeking a job. Do you claim when you aren't even looking?
    ah yes of course you have to be looking for a job.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I have saved enough to live for more than long enough. Zero intention of claiming. Each to their own, but the morals of doing so wouldn't sit great with me.
      If you've got a shedload of savings then you cant claim anyway Im afraid.

LOL of course I've got the morals of a sewer rat!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Is that true for contribution based claims as well?

And I think you're being harsh on yourself. I always thought you had the style of a sewer rat.

Comment

No need to be afraid, that's how it should be. So do you keep as much money in the business a/c as possible to enable you to claim? [am interested].
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

No need to be afraid, that's how it should be. So do you keep as much money in the business a/c as possible to enable you to claim? [am interested].
            This is PC we are talking about, there is no money!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Is that true for contribution based claims as well?

And I think you're being harsh on yourself. I always thought you had the style of a sewer rat.
              Pretty sure. Class of a sewer rat too!

Comment

Well, heres the thing - its a grey area.

Last few times I claimed they asked me who my last employer was, then looked a bit confused. Never asked me how much money the company had at all. All they asked me was personal savings.

Whether this was right - who knows. But I have heard of people who have been asked about company funds.

As it happened last time for me didnt matter - company funds were zero in any case.

Trouble is you have to issue a P45 to yourself and obviously cant pay a salary whilst claiming JSA. Paying dividends - another grey area but a bit dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  This is PC we are talking about, there is no money!
                  Im LOADED mate lol. all that jsa mun.

Comment

Im LOADED mate lol. all that jsa mun.
                    I forgot you are in South Wales and can live like a King on £70 a week
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm hoping I've done the right thing, but my permie friends and family aren't necessarily getting it.

I handed in my notice on Friday, and sacked the nanny today. I'm going to have a few months off with my son and get my priorities straight.

We get it, Dear.

Good for you. Take some time out to consider what to do next
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X