• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Developer Laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Thanks will try that. Did you have any issue with your wifi driver? I got the august 2012 update and it stopped working. Using the 2011 version.

Will check the RAM as well. Edit: crucial is saying the max memory for T420s is 8GB.

qh
    I haven't updated any of the drivers since I got it TBH.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
      Decided on the XPS 15 L521x, it has full HD 15 inch screen. 8GB upgrdable to 16 and you can upgrde the 32GB SSD to 256GB, comes in just above a grand.
      What put me off the previous generation XPS15 (and this one is the same) is the silly half sized cursor keys, obviously copied from you know who with their style over function mantra. If you spend your days editing code, you use the cursor keys a lot (or at least I do), and I think that would annoy me.

Which is why I bought the previous-previous XPS15 (L520x), even though it's somewhat bulky by modern standards. It is however, very fast, but of course not buying the latest meant I was able to get an i7 + SSD for my £600.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
      X