• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative to iTunes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to iTunes

Trying to use the highly recommended CopyTrans but it gives the message: 'A monitor program has been found running.....' with no apparent help available for us Windows 7 users.

So, are there any open source alternatives to iTunes?

Winamp?

Comment

spotify
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Do the above mentioned sync with iPods?

I feckin' hate iTunes, every time I open it there's a new version which requires an 80mb download yet I never notice the difference.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Do the above mentioned sync with iPods?

I feckin' hate iTunes, every time I open it there's a new version which requires an 80mb download yet I never notice the difference.
          spotify works on an iphone
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Winamp?
            Works perfectly!

Thanks

Comment

Yet another iPod manager - Home

Checkout Yamipod . It has been quite a while since I used it last but it was great when I did.

Comment

I love iTunes, even so far as much to go when I moved from an iPhone to and Android device I kept using iTunes for syncing smart playlists etc. iTunes is a PITA to configure, but if you set it up right its a fantastic piece of software
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Any suggestions for Linux?

I am quite happy with iTunes on my Mac but I'd like to copy my music across to a Linux system and play it independently from there (i.e. when my Mac is switched off).
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

banshee and amarok are popular on linux. VLC is probably the strongest player on any platform but won't sync with a mobile device.

Comment

Working...
                    X