• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java Scripts help please !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like we may be getting somewhere.......

just need to find the location of the sendmail app on an easyspace.com windows server.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

right, got it so we've no errors now......except I don't get an email !!!!

www.easyslidescanning.co.uk\order1.html
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

I know with freehostia the "to field" / from has to be a hosted email address.
        Also needed SMTP enabled.

Don't know if this is your problem, but it was mine,

Comment

Hmm. It must be calling the script as the redirect is working and is no cgi error so you must have referer ok. Have you checked the notes on formmail?
          http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Ps Just tried it again and have a formmail thank you message which I did not get last time. Did you just sort it?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If so, you now need to move the <FORM .... and </FORM> lines around your actual form where the user sticks stuff in (rather than having a form within a form as my quick fix has, I think). Formail will then automatically send you what they have put in and can also tell them on the page.

You appear to have an order form action that won't do anything as it is referring to a script on a desktop. Maybe whoever wrote the page has done the work already, where is order.php?

<FORM method=post name=order_form
            action=file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Build_Machine/Desktop/order.php>
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Hmm. It must be calling the script as the redirect is working and is no cgi error so you must have referer ok. Have you checked the notes on formmail?
              http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Ps Just tried it again and have a formmail thank you message which I did not get last time. Did you just sort it?
              I've got it sort so there are no errors - but I need to find the path the sendmail is installed under on the server, speaking with the helpdesk they just pointed me in the direction of a differant script....
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
              X