• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    What software did you use ?
    osCommerce by the look of it.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
      HEADING_TITLE_NEW

Never heard of such animal ..
      Try right-clicking (context-clicking to be precise); it pops up one of those idiotic alerts, telling you that the images are copyrighted

</me has a look at the source>

Oh lordy... it has a bunch of script to stop you selecting and copying the text, too

Epic fail

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        What software did you use ?
        It was OSCommerce. I had little coding understanding at the time. It does the job, and is getting orders in. Am waiting for the new version to be released before I tell the guy to upgrade. If you had seen the site before I did any work on it, you would think what I did was award winning.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Try right-clicking (context-clicking to be precise); it pops up one of those idiotic alerts, telling you that the images are copyrighted

</me has a look at the source>

Oh lordy... it has a bunch of script to stop you selecting and copying the text, too

Epic fail
          That was a client requirement... couldn't get out of that. lol.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            I charge £500 p/d for e-commerce sites. Have a look at one I created a while ago. www.grangeaquatics.co.uk.

Let me know if you are or your friend is interested.
            I hope you don't do that for a living!

£500 p/d - my arse

Where did you study graphic design?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              Yikes.

How much of 'a while ago' was this?
              Says 2007 at the bottom of the page, open your eyes man!

'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                I hope you don't do that for a living!

£500 p/d - my arse

Where did you study graphic design?
                I didn't. The graphics were provided to me. No need to reinvent the wheel. :-)

And no... I don't do it for a living.... if I did, I would charge a lot more.

Comment

I didn't actually bother to read to the bottom of the page.The markup's a mess, it's a total disaster from almost every conceivable angle. £500 per day for that? I'd string you up by your balls.

And FFS - at least hike a css template from somewhere, it looks like it's been designed by a 5yr old with a lazy eye.

And WTF do you think you're doing with the product images? Have you never heard of thumbnails?

And they're all the same! (See the 'pumps' section)

AAAGH.

I'm submitting this to webpagesthatsuck.com

Oh, and funny... the one review from the homepage.
                  Last edited by realityhack; 18 August 2009, 12:37. Reason: More ranting.

Comment

I've quite enjoyed today's exercise in why you shouldn't post your own work on here for critique and claim to charge exorbitant fees for producing it.

I'm sure there's a lesson here somewhere.

Comment

me too! i was just on the point of <ctrl> v'ing the url of my latest masterpiece into a new thread when i thought, 'i'll just have a peek first to see what mood the board is in today'. phew! they mauled the poor guy. i think i'll hang fire until i get the url re-writing finished

mind you, 500 squids!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X