• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website parking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    I don't get much spam to my info address at all, around 4 emails a month actually:
    That's interesting, I assumed it was the same for everyone! I bought mine via either ukreg or 123-reg, I wonder if they sell off the new domain info to spammers.

Who did you get your domain from and how long ago?
    http://www.bluejumper.com

Comment

Bought it through 123-reg about a year ago......

However our host (not 123-reg) does have a spam filter which may filter a lot out.......
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Domain name info is available from a number of different sources - lists of newly registered domains, expired domains, whois etc.

I register domains with LCN (not bad prices but only POP3 e-mail) and I park any spare domains at Sedo, which you can do for free and make a few pennies from any click thru's. It gets some traffic through them too, so that they become known to search engines etc. And you might even sell one!

You don't need to buy webspace to park your domain, all you do is delegate the nameserver(s) or redirect the URL.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Microsoft Office live will give you a domain name for free - and web space to host it & email (basic).
          You can pick from a whole load of suffixes, but not all of them. Seems fairly good so far. The domain name is registered in your name, so you can move it after the initial period.
          If you want more than the basics, not sure its as good value, but......Not had any spam yet either!

Comment

<pimp>

Try http://www.ardescosolutions.com. Will give you all you need on the hosting side, just need to buy your domain from random cheapy domain seller and park it with us.

</pimp>

Comment

Wilmslow, if you are interested in a hosting package I can vouch for Zen. I have a shared hosting Gold account with them for one of my clients and they are good. Their prices aren't as cheap as some of the competition, however, their servers are UK based and they own their own network which makes a big difference.

If you just want to park some domains companies such as 123-reg and UK Reg will do it for free and they also will forward email to your regular account for free.

Comment

Working...
              X