• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ignore again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: aaa

I avoided Paypal after reading adverse comments on the web. Once you have paid setup charges with WorldPay its only £100 pa. Also part of setup charges was for being able to take card payments generally, it's not just for internet sales.

Comment

comments? there are whole websites set up to rubbish them.

The major downside is that the visitor has to sign up - plus a lot of prospective customers have seen the adverse comments and are not keen to use them.

The costs of merchant services don't just stop at setup and ongoing fees though - they take a sizeable % too. Despite that we will be moving from paypal as soon as the level of sales makes it financially viable (ie not more than a few % of profits)

Comment

Not all that hefty I thought. Not like the 45% one catalogue wanted to charge us for inclusion anyhow.

- 4.5% per Credit Card transaction (inc Banking Charges)
        - 50p per Debit Card transaction
        - WorldAlert (Anti Fraud system) Transaction Charge 0.06p

Plus additional for cancellations. Unfortunately a stupid EU distance selling law lets anyone cancel for any reason or none and if they do that it costs you. Blame the EU.

Comment

paypal

Paypal is getting better - they are owned by Ebay now. They recently opened EU data center and I think they might become more active in area of merchant payments. Depending on the kind of gear you pimping you may find that all those active people with Ebay accounts might prefer to make paypal payment rather than trust you their credit card.

Comment

Working...
          X